Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have a 2008 GSR

I have 2 small children age 3 and 4 who are basicly always in the car with me, but i want to lower my car abit with a coiloverkit

I want the car lowered approx 3-4 cm but i dont want it to be stiff/hard as i dont want my kids to suffer from kidneydamage:innocent:

Can anyone recommend a good coiloverbrand ? Previously i've used Tein Superstreet on my Evo VI TME

I was also recommended to check out www.driftworks.com , anyone have experience with them?

Cheers

·
Registered
384 Posts
anything you'll find from a vendor or extremepsi will have soft, streetable rates.

when i said pretty much all off the shelf coilovers, i really meant pretty much all.....unless you buy something specifically made for the track that recommends running r compound in conjunction with the coilovers.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Spring rates AND valving are going to impact how the ride feels. I was dead set on coils and bought them. Now I'm on a set of swift springs. Reason being that for me, the loss of comfort wasn't worth the performance gain since I don't track it.

Soft and coilovers in the same sentence is somewhat oxymoronic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How does your car look when lowered with springs? Im only looking for a maximum 3-4cm lowering, Tein springs lower it 1inch ( 2,54 cm )

I want it to be close to the wheel, but not overdoing it

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
Fortune Auto Coilovers allow for custom spring rates and custom valving so you can essentially custom build them to your specifications. IE; Street spec valving and whatever spring rate you choose. They're AMAZING coils, shoot me a PM if you're interested :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.