Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall are the title says. I'm looking into buying a 2010 evo gsr sss with these mods. It sounds good, no leaks or anything. Some things not on the list.
It dose have gsr springs and a catch cans.

What are yall thought. A local well know tuner shop tuned it an did the bolts-ons. Dyno was shy of 500whp sub 350ish tq.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey yall are the title says. I'm looking into buying a 2010 evo gsr sss with these mods. It sounds good, no leaks or anything. Some things not on the list.
It dose have gsr springs and a catch cans.

What are yall thought. A local well know tuner shop tuned it an did the bolts-ons. Dyno was shy of 500whp sub 350ish tq.
Depends I guess in the money. All those mods are great! I person am always scared of a built block because I always read horror stories but each to their own. Curious why tq is so low with a built engine?

·
Registered
6 Posts
3076 will make less then 100HP more then TQ. 35r’s make more HP and less torque. Which is what a stock EVO engine wants. Seams normal but I’m just an ASE certified mechanic and no Evo expert. ALSO didn’t see a dyno or compression/piston-head cc’s etc. to each their own. It looka like-a car 👍

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a dyno sheet, baseline is e85 the other is 93. On 85 it was actually 510whp 363tq. I heard alot about the cars needing to have lower TQ number so I belive you there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Kanovic He's had the car for 6 years and has the mods done himself so I'm generally OK with cars like this plus he has the paperwork. I'm not not sure how the build is for a evo. It appears to be great. I'm getting the car for $21,500

·
Registered
6 Posts
Seams like a great price. With a retune you may breach 550hp e85tune. More injector possibly needed for 91 or e85 tune to NET those numbers. The rest looks safe if it’s a gen 2 3576. But I would do a 3582 mod to it regardless built or stock engine

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a appointment book for it to get tuned by the same people in Nov. I'm excited it get to pick her up today!
The 3576 is a gen 2. Why would you recommend going up to a 3582?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a appointment book for it to get tuned by the same people in Nov. I'm excited it get to pick her up today!
The 3576 is a gen 2. Why would you recommend going up to a 3582?
That’s a great price!! What’s the mileage on the body? And yea you are correct about the tq if it’s a stock block engine. Stock you want to keep it below 400tq or it goes boom lol… I wouldn’t change the turbo unless you going for crazy power.. I have the same 3576r gen 2 and love it.. make 529awhp on 93 pump.. you can get more out of it then what you have especially on e85

·
Registered
62 Posts
That’s a Mustang dyno too lort. So that car got some kick! He used really good expensive name brand parts so doesn’t seem like a hack job

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
@Kanovic body mileage is 64420
When you refer to stock block and you meaning the actual block itself or the internal of the block. Sorry ik it's kinda a dumb question. I dont think ill need anymore power out of the car so I'll probably leave it Be. I Just want the retune for the catch can that was installed. Plus general look over. The do compression and all that before dyno tuning as well. I do know the rod are only good for 600 but I'm not to sure if thats crank or whp. If its crank I'm pretty close to the 6 marl. I might look into upgrading tho as well in time. Btw the car dose have a hell of a kick! It pulls hella strong! Thus will be my first built 4cyl all my experience is with twin turbo camaros or whipppe camaros. So this will be a fun change!

·
Registered
62 Posts
@Kanovic body mileage is 64420
When you refer to stock block and you meaning the actual block itself or the internal of the block. Sorry ik it's kinda a dumb question. I dont think ill need anymore power out of the car so I'll probably leave it Be. I Just want the retune for the catch can that was installed. Plus general look over. The do compression and all that before dyno tuning as well. I do know the rod are only good for 600 but I'm not to sure if thats crank or whp. If its crank I'm pretty close to the 6 marl. I might look into upgrading tho as well in time. Btw the car dose have a hell of a kick! It pulls hella strong! Thus will be my first built 4cyl all my experience is with twin turbo camaros or whipppe camaros. So this will be a fun change!
Stock block means stock pistons, rods, etc. yours is not stock block.. also you don’t need a tune just because you are adding a catch can? Where did you hear that? I wouldn’t upgrade your rods either unless you just want to go balls to the walls. They are completely fine for the tq you have. Definitely do a compression test and a leak down test if you can.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When it comes to stock: That's what I thought you were referring to but i figured I'll make sure. Well this was the guy that I'm buying from he said he wasn't sure if it would mess up anything so just as a recommendation. I did call the shop were it was tuned at to ask them. They said it was a good idea so idk. I guess figured why not. Plus it was tuned in 19. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do a compression test or any of that before I buy it. Shop around the area are backed up. When it was tuned it was 150 on 2 cycs and 145-148 on the other 2.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When it comes to stock: That's what I thought you were referring to but i figured I'll make sure. Well this was the guy that I'm buying from he said he wasn't sure if it would mess up anything so just as a recommendation. I did call the shop were it was tuned at to ask them. They said it was a good idea so idk. I guess figured why not. Plus it was tuned in 19. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to do a compression test or any of that before I buy it. Shop around the area are backed up. When it was tuned it was 150 on 2 cycs and 145-148 on the other 2.
If it was a good tune it will last the life of the car. But I guess it won’t hurt anything to retune it. Good luck man! Evos are sky rocketing in price so keep it nice and clean and you’ll make money on it imo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I appreciate it I don't know if it will be easy to resale if that time ever come but I'm glad they will be going up in price! I appreciate all your information and help!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts