Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was generally a bad day for me, but the worst happened in the afternoon...

I was almost at standstill in 2. gear (letting pedestrians pass)in wife's X and when I pressed the throttle I sensed the clutch slip and was greeted with Transmission Service Required error plus I lost gears 2/4/6. I limped home after that in 1/3/5 and OBD2 showed the P1833 error. I let the car cool off for some time and then restarted it, but still the same problem.

Now I'm wondering what could it be, or better to say what needs to be done to fix it. I can get SSP clutch pack and DCT seals, but Im just worried if this will be enough. Sadly in Croatia there's no people with practical SST experience... Im now waiting for a friend to come and see if he can read more errors...

Any suggestions (especially from knowledgeable SSP people)?

·
Registered
428 Posts
hi, similar thing happen to me when My MR had less than 2k miles on it. My issue was the SST plastic seal had a slow leak and one of the clutches shut down. Mitsu replaced said seal, put new fluid in and the tranny was back to normal working condition.

Good luck

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest, seals are my no1 suspect as well! Good that Mitsu fixed it, over here they just say that the whole tranny needs to be replaced :(

·
Registered
428 Posts
well, shouldn't they replace yours under warranty?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, shouldn't they replace yours under warranty?
Even if the car wasn't modded, its a long story with Mitsu dealers in Croatia...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Contact Kozmic Motorsports. #1 when it comes to the SST

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever figure out the problem? It just happened to me 3 days ago and im out of warranty. Bought the car two months ago. Im so bummed!

·
Premium Member
716 Posts
Generally when losing odd or even gears, a seal has gone bad inside the clutch basket. The only way to verify this 100% is to log clutch pressures in each clutch.

If you lose even gears it can also be a broken 4th gear shift fork. The magnet generally falls off the shift fork and renders the car helpless to move in even gears. This can sometimes be repaired if the magnet does not get destroyed or you will need to find a parts transmission to get the shift fork.

PM me if you want a quotation to get this repaired.

SSP

·
Registered
709 Posts
This is my worst nightmare, I live in Romania, so no possibility for repair, here, but I know a german tuner> http://web2.importracing.de/kontakt.php , these guys are closest to you from Germany, they tune sst cars, and source Dodson clutchpacks and install them, I would contact them first, it is easier to get your car to germany and have it repaired.
Plan B, have a shop remove your whole gearbox, and ship it to Kozmic motorsport, and have it repaired and shipped back, but the shipping cost would be huge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts