Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m making this thread to see if anyone has experienced a problem like this before . I’ve done loads of research and inspected the car top to bottom also had the dealer do a inspection and they came back with a theory but no positives .

I own a 2008 evo gsr . When putting the car on first gear then having the car roll slowly I can hear a click/ cluck type of sound on my front right wheel area . I know 100% I need to replace my tie rod ends but I don’t think it’s bad enough to make that sound .I had a random shop install a clutch for me changed the clutch , cmc tob and the pressure plate along with resurfacing . After that is when I noticed the sound . I thought it was a bad wheel bearing / axle so I changed both (yes they did need replacement ) but noise was still there . I took the car to the dealer and they believe something was left loose inside the transmission (which is possible ) but it doesn’t sound like the area . The noise did sound like a axle type of noise when it pops but noise goes away after going over 20mph .

I have apr extended studs along with small spacers , airlift performance v3 kit (bagged ) and aftermarket wheels . Will try to get a video soon just to show more .

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, its been ages since i was last on here.

Id check your center diff fluid, AYC fluid. Mitsu also has a tool to bleed the system as well for AYC. Rear diff AYC is drain and fill but i know there is a MIT tool to bleed the system of any air for AYC.

I get chatter or clunk time to time taking off in 1st but not constant or always happening. ACT HDSS clutch, stock flywheel here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts