Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help guys. Heard a loud clunk when turning left and right. Replaced cv axles because I heard clicking noise. Didn’t fix my problem. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Why I would try is have someone shake the steering wheel left and right slightly and you touch the inner/outer tie rod, ball joints, control arms, etc and feel if there is a slight looseness.If you feel nothing try shaking every joint/arm you can find and see with your hands and see if they are loose.It could also be a problem with your steering rack itself.

The problem with suspension noises is that they could be from anything that has a joint on it. Sometimes when I diagnose a customer's car, everything seems to be solid and yet there is a noise. Sometimes I would tighten every thing I can tighten to spec and it would go away. It isn't always that easy though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem with suspension noises is that they could be from anything that has a joint on it. Sometimes when I diagnose a customer's car, everything seems to be solid and yet there is a noise. Sometimes I would tighten every thing I can tighten to spec and it would go away. It isn't always that easy though.
Exactly! Check the car further, or better yet let some mechanic do that for you! They'd even try to fix it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Looks like I’ll have to take it to the shop. Looking for someone who is familiar with the Evos now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts