Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ha! Super excited to see this section.
I am hugely into photography and it has become effectively become my second job.

I'm predominantly into portraitures, but have shot cars in the past. (to think of it, I still have my rolling rig setup)

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey! These are good! Since you’re an expert in this, what camera do you use or would you recommend that’s above entry level! TIA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey! These are good! Since you’re an expert in this, what camera do you use or would you recommend that’s above entry level! TIA.
Depends on your budget :) Camera/lenses/light are brushes and the paint, its up to you to make the image.

I own 2x d750's & 2x d800's and slew of Nikon lenses. My favorite camera is a 6 year old d800. it has 150k actuations, and recently got it serviced by NPS with a new shutter box. I paid $700 for a 6 year old pro camera and paid $200 to refurb it. If you check sites like dxomark.com and check the rankings for each camera, you will see d800 still comes in at #11 and still kicks ass.

I would suggest getting an old professional camera such as 5dmk3 or d800, as they are built like tanks. :)

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Super helpful! Thanks a lot! I’ll look into the two that you mentioned! I’ll be brand new to photography burn it’s something that I’ve always wanted to try out. Maybe a couple blogs here and there. Just something new to pick up you know? And I know it would be easier to just get a baseline camera and work my way up but in hoping I’m gling to enjoy it and so I might as well get something that I’ll have for the long run. I stead of dropping more money later down the road. What do you think? Any other advice? Lenses? Planning on taking a class on photography at school as well. Sorry for the long post, this is an interest for me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bodies are consumables and lenses are heirlooms.

Buy a manual capable body and a good fixed prime to learn with. Zooms at lower price points are, imo, garbage.

With prices of d800 and 5dmk3 hovering around $1k there is no reason to buy new cameras anymore. sensor technology have pretty much plateaued.

I had NPS send out a d850 (brand new $3.5k body) to me to eval, and while it was nice in most ways, the resulting images and its raw depths were no different than my old d800. Nevertheless I sent it back.

gl w ur search. photography is fun, and pays well if you are good. weddings and hs seniors where all my car money comes from. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts