Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good low cost mods we can do to our Evo Xs?

Few I have in mind/done.

1. Engine:
Intake - Aem/ETS/other brands normally <$300
Test Pipe - ETS/UR/Rexspeed <$220
Tactrix Cable <$200 shipped (will allow you to tune or download base maps)
Gauges <$350 (for a nice boost/AFR gauge, allows for tuning)

I'd imagine, mods should put you around 280-320whp!

2. Interior:
Shift Knob <$100 (tons of nice ones under $100)
Gauge pod <$130 (rexpeed single carbon or dual pod)
LED bulb kit <$150 (you can change out the entire cars bulbs with these led bulbs)
All weather floor matts <$100 (you can get the oem ones, they are hella nice)

3. Suspension:
Drop Springs <$300 (swift R springs can be had!)

4. Exterior:
Window Tint <$200 (all depending on area)

Where can I find the JDM bumper piece (allows airflow to brakes i guess?)?!?

Anymore low cost mod ideas for the Evo X?

· Registered
2,051 Posts
Electronic boost controller
Mud flaps(cuz mitsu paint is thin as hell)
extra precaution is a new clutch cuz the stock one dosent always hold that well
UICP/ frees up air flow gives some gains

For suspension:
Rear sway bar and endlinks

thats all that comes to mind so far good luck!

· Registered
456 Posts
keep your eyes on the for sale section. paid 750 for my hi flow cat and catback, 375 for my accessport (both with 2k miles on them), 140 for my intake, and 240 for my intercooler piping w/synapse bov. either that or watch for specials that vendors run. pistolpete, whats wrong with the rexspeed dual pillar pod? i am about to buy it

· Registered
2,671 Posts
Driver mod.
Any mod to
The car will eventually end up costing you lots more money. Whether bc your $100 uicp gave you a boost leak.. Or you intake throws off
Your MAF readings. Or you buy your Tactrix...
Start tuning.. And blow something up (sounds familiar to me..). Or you see your a/f are rich and think
Hmmm? I can run leaner...so get a boost controller to turn it up.. Start adding parts and it's like opening up pandora's box

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

· Registered
2,671 Posts
And btw. I'm surprised no one has
Bashed you yet for saying cheap mods. I remember awhile, really awhile back, when I asked about cheap mods. I got ripped
A new one for even thinking about using cheap and Evo in the same sentence haha I've been so positive since the holes in my short block

· Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And btw. I'm surprised no one has
Bashed you yet for saying cheap mods. I remember awhile, really awhile back, when I asked about cheap mods. I got ripped
A new one for even thinking about using cheap and Evo in the same sentence haha I've been so positive since the holes in my short block

I asked for "low cost mods" vs cheap. This post is very informative to new Evo X owners.

This is the first car I haven't gone crazy with, but would rather do everything extremely mild.

I have a EVO 9 with all kinds of crazy stuff on it.

· Registered
84 Posts
Hey bud if your interested, I have a Perrin Downpipe with a high flow cat for sale for $300 shipped.(Have a business account) The downpipe was on the car for 250-300 miles. I decided to go with another set-up. PM if your interested and I'll send detailed pictures. My loss is your gain, paid $499 for it. It's just sitting in my garage collecting dust. Would rather someone put it to use. Cheers..

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.