Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How restrictive is the stock lower IC piping? I have a 08' MR and am currently purchasing all my stuff so I can install it and get a tune in a couple of weeks. The car is currently stock and this is what I have purchased so far:

Cobb Tuning 3" DP
Tsudo V2 exhaust with both the test pipe and hi flow cat
Injen CAI with upper IC piping
Grimmspeed 3 port

When I get everything installed I will be getting a tune at Evolution Dynamics in Lewisville, TX. My question is at this point is it necessary or will I see no power gain if I install a aftermarket one?

Also im wondering is there any benefit at this point in purchasing a after market BOV or is the stock one just fine?

Lastly, what are some ideas at this point for a WG?

My plans for my ride are whats listed above for the next couple of years anyway. Im trying to tune my car and play the family man thing at the same time so thats how it has to be.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you sir! Any ideas on a WG?

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
For stock turbo, the stock wga is fine. Same for licp.

I'd recommend an aftermarket bov, the stock one leaks. You'll see what i mean once you upgrade. Synapse is a great brand for this but anything else will do. Make sure its recirculated.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
For stock turbo, the stock wga is fine. Same for licp.

I'd recommend an aftermarket bov, the stock one leaks. You'll see what i mean once you upgrade. Synapse is a great brand for this but anything else will do. Make sure its recirculated.
^^This.

You could also crush your stock BOV to have it hold more boost ;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
It kills me that people do the LICP with stock turbos with all the posts that have confirmed it doesn't add anything. I guess to each their own!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.