Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone for providing info here (and other sites), I was able to make my choice and get into my new DD, a 2012 MG MR. It will be a sad day when the M3 goes, but I'm more than happy going forward with the MR.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Made a good choice, I am absolutely LOVING my MR.

So much fun in the winter :D

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Give us a little comparison. What made you move to the Evo? If I ever had to buy a luxury car the M3 would be it. A gentleman in my office building has a newish white M3 sedan with the quad exhaust. That car looks and sounds so good. But according to BMW's website they dont make the M3 sedan anymore?

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Dude the only thing you will miss is the V8 sound.

Is your evo X stock?? once you unlock some of that hidden power from your X you will never look back!!

I was looking at an M3 Coupe the other day...in my rear view mirrors lol.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Two very different approaches to performance. I see a lot of people jumping back and forth between Evos and STIs and wonder why. In my opinion this is the way to switch cars.

Hope you enjoy the Evo :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Great choice!! Welcome aboard. I'm starting to see just a "few" more X's these days!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Welcome to your new addiction!

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Two very different approaches to performance. I see a lot of people jumping back and forth between Evos and STIs and wonder why. In my opinion this is the way to switch cars.

Hope you enjoy the Evo :thumbup:
Yea except you go from Evo to M3 not the other way around.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
While I respect your decision I will never ever daily drive a mitsubishi again. Personally I think Mitsubishis are complete crap after owning the new 335I. Yes they are fun and an absolute blast to drive and you can make great power although you will probably break. Ya they give you a semi when you punch it n hear that turbo spool and go, the rawness is what I enjoyed. The thing with mitsubishi is they are literally made like shit, all the time and money was invested into the motor and awd system. There is nothing about the interior which is of any quality & the same with the exterior. I had clips popping off here & there the bumper is held on by like 4 screws etc etc the list goes on and on and after you have owned a shitsubishi for a bit you will realize this.

Should of went from the M3 to the 335I and the modded it :), youd never look else where again!!

But to completely contradict what Im saying above, I will own and evo again as strictly a track car cause well lets face it, that is all they are good for.

·
Registered
392 Posts
On the other hand BMW isn't exactly known for having the top interiors in the game either. Don't even start with the 335i fuel pump issues...

Both BMW and Mitsubishi are enthusiast oriented and tend to make compromises for sportiness above other factors.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Interesting trade. When I was car shopping, my mind was set on getting an M3, however I couldn't justify paying that much for a performance car when the X was available for about half the price. In the end I just wanted a racecar and the X far exceeded my demands and expectations. I hope the X does the same for you. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Great choice of car! Congrats on the X!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
455 Posts
While I respect your decision I will never ever daily drive a mitsubishi again. Personally I think Mitsubishis are complete crap after owning the new 335I. Yes they are fun and an absolute blast to drive and you can make great power although you will probably break. Ya they give you a semi when you punch it n hear that turbo spool and go, the rawness is what I enjoyed. The thing with mitsubishi is they are literally made like shit, all the time and money was invested into the motor and awd system. There is nothing about the interior which is of any quality & the same with the exterior. I had clips popping off here & there the bumper is held on by like 4 screws etc etc the list goes on and on and after you have owned a shitsubishi for a bit you will realize this.

Should of went from the M3 to the 335I and the modded it :), youd never look else where again!!

But to completely contradict what Im saying above, I will own and evo again as strictly a track car cause well lets face it, that is all they are good for.
I agree that the quality and reliability of Bmw is so much higher than Mitsubishi. with my x, i put on an exhaust and things inside the car started rattling, buzzing, and bolts started backing out.
It is a fast car though, very comparable to a m3 in track performance, if a little slower in the straights. (at first)
One thing that I have a problem with going from my room mates E46 m3 to the evo is that Bmw designed a car that seems to be able to talk to you about the grip and when it is going to let go. Mitsubishi made a car that just lets go whenever it feels like, I know this is more to do with the awd than the car, but it takes some getting used to.

good luck! I dont know if you made the right choice or not, but my opinion won't change your mind now lol

1 - 20 of 67 Posts