Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I just replaced the rear diff side mounts with torque solution poly bushes, which was fairly straight forward.
However, I'm confused how to replace the big diff bushing in the subframe. I have a torque solution solid mount for that.

Should I unbolt the side mounts and the subframe bolt, support the diff (lower it a few inches?), and air hammer?
Which direction should I air hammer--towards the rear or front of the car? And should I aim at the metal cup housing holding in the bushing?

Only ever used C clamps to press out before, any advice is appreciated!

· Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi all.

I just replaced the rear diff side mounts with torque solution poly bushes, which was fairly straight forward.
However, I'm confused how to replace the big diff bushing in the subframe. I have a torque solution solid mount for that.

Should I unbolt the side mounts and the subframe bolt, support the diff (lower it a few inches?), and air hammer?
Which direction should I air hammer--towards the rear or front of the car? And should I aim at the metal cup housing holding in the bushing?

Only ever used C clamps to press out before, any advice is appreciated!
OEM procedure uses a specialized tool to press it in and out. Most people use an air hammer. I'd remove the bracket that it bolts too from the rear diff, and you should be able to push it "in" enough to fall out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts