Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
MAP based load table help - Load Dip 4500rpm

I have been chasing this load dip/spike and have not been able to figure out a solid way to get rid of it. I have a feeling that is is effecting the tune in several ways and if I can get that figured out I will be on my way to finally getting this thing dialed in. I have been doing my research on here and the other board and found a thread that I think might be the solution that Tephra posted. 3xmap-maf-tables

I am getting this same load dip/spike in and around that 4000-5500 rpm range that others had been describing in that thread... Below is a sample log graph. My Load curve bascially looks the same on all pulls with some slight variations. This is the only image I could grab without the legend over the top of the load curve. :confused:

As you can see my boost curve is pretty flat and the load "issue" happens after I have reached peak boost. I think is is definitely RPM dependent. I seems as if there is some point in the ECU logic that it switches tables it is looking at for load?

My list of Mods are as follows:
AMS Stage 2 (CAI, Intercooler, UPIC, LICP, Tial QR BOV, AMS TBE)
AMS fuel rail, ID1000cc injectors, custom Aeromotive FPR setup, stock fuel pump
stock maifolds, TB, and cams
DOM2 turbo - 26-25 psi tapering to 24 for now...
93oct

I have worked with Hollywood_X on making sure my MAF and injector scaling is done correctly as well as I have blended most of his MiVEC maps to what I was using other than some more aggressive targets in the spool up portions of the map.

I downloaded a stock 2008 GSR rom and compaired that with my 2011 GSR rom. When I compare the 3xMAP/MAF load tables (both untouched as of right now) the numbers are quite a bit different and I wonder if my load drop/spike is so drastic due to the difference in the tables from a 2011 to a 2008-10?

Basically what I am wondering is if I insert the values from a 2008-10 ROM in these 3 tables and smooth them out like suggested in previous posts, will this help get rid of my issue? If not what suggestions do you guys have for getting this corrected?

And for those of you who have smoothed out the tables, how did you do it? interpolate, or more of a manual type thing?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ Thanks! I did a search only in ECUFlash and didn't find it...

Now so I understand what you posted on your thread Load Dip -Driving me nuts!

My TPS reads 96.118 before 4500rpm and then drops to 95.612 after that. which is the same exact place the load dip issue occurs.

The last column in my tables reads 100% in my Airflow tables and 90.2% in my Torque Limiter tables. Only reason I am pointing this out is because at least with the Torque Limiter my TPS reading is higher than the last value in the table... I am assuming that the Airflow check has a greater influence?

So I need to change all of my Airflow Check tables and Torque Limiter Tables so the last 2 columns match each other? I am seeing 4 tables for each and the 4th one is not the same resolution as the others (it only has 6 columns vs 14 columns). So do I only change 1-3 and ignore the 4th since the max TPS value is 60.4% in the last column? Also my definition that I am using has "Air Flow Check 1-3 (old style)... Should I leave those alone?

I saw in there that someone else recommended changing the Reactive WGDC and Boost Load Target maps to mirror this same procedure... Should I do that also?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts