Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
MAP has a hell of a deal going. I couldn't resist. I pulled the trigger today on a 5858 kit.
:rock: Let us know what kind of power it makes!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Instructions

MAP I finally have some time to install the kit. The parts I received look great by the way.

Your Youtube instructions (
) for removing the OEM manifold are excellent. From what I have read this is the most difficult part.

It looks like the installation will be easy after all the old parts are removed. I did a CAT delete already so at least the rusty bolts to the CAT are already gone.

5,198 Posts
MAP I finally have some time to install the kit. The parts I received look great by the way.

Your Youtube instructions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIKyl_vJd7U) for removing the OEM manifold are excellent. From what I have read this is the most difficult part.

It looks like the installation will be easy after all the old parts are removed. I did a CAT delete already so at least the rusty bolts to the CAT are already gone.
Make absolutely sure you get the better drain fitting or the turbo will smoke.

The one that came with my kit doesn't drain well enough.

Make sure you have the right one BEFORE you put everything on or it's a total pain in the ass to swap it out.

http://prlmotorsports.com/-10anportedt3t4oildrainflange.aspx#.WlvwKktG1-X

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wish MAP would offer that fitting at no charge to anybody that has purchased this kit. I had to buy a different one which caused me a extra 20 bucks in the end. 20 bucks I know. but still would like not to receive a inferior product. not only that. but I'm glad I saw all the problems before hand. made me really looking into the situation. I even took measurements and posted them in a thread I made.

5,198 Posts
I wish MAP would offer that fitting at no charge to anybody that has purchased this kit. I had to buy a different one which caused me a extra 20 bucks in the end. 20 bucks I know. but still would like not to receive a inferior product. not only that. but I'm glad I saw all the problems before hand. made me really looking into the situation. I even took measurements and posted them in a thread I made.
Did you email and ask?

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
We have since revised the fitting due to issues that people were having, if you email [email protected] and let them know I'm sure that we could work something out to get you taken care of!

·
Registered
41 Posts
With little effort I was able to get 408whp at only 25psi

While I wait for a very busy 5150 Racing e-tuner to get back to me about my request for an e-tune I did some baseline road tuning at only 25psi on E60. This is a stock engine with stock SST transmission. It didn't break a sweat passing 400whp. Red lines are stock turbo on E60. Blue lines are 5858 Journal Bearing .82 turbine housing MAP turbo kit on E60. Both with AEM 320 fuel pump (10psi boost relay hardwired), FIC 1100 injectors, and 3" exhaust no cat. The only change was the MAP turbo kit. I did both tunes and am far from a pro but the MAP kit makes a whole lot more power than the stock turbo.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts