Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

That's right! You guys wanted it and asked for it! THIS is the solution to all that heat being generated by your aftermarket go fast goodies!

After receiving several inquiries for a firewall heat shield we decided to make our customer's dreams a reality! This unit replaces the stock heat shield for additional protection (especially for those of you running tubular exhaust manifolds) and features a high temp black powder coating for longevity and enhanced appearance. At just under 5lbs it doesn't add much weight either!

99.00 shipped to the 48 states!

OR

139.00 shipped to the 48 sates which will include our Valve Cover Heat Shield as well!

The first picture shoes the final product (Valve Cover Heat Shield), the second picture is the pre-production picture that shows the location or where it mounts to and how it fits!

PM ME to get your order placed!

Please contact us for unbeatable pricing on these products, also keep in mind we will match or beat any competitors pricing on so called "package deals"!

: Send us a PM|||||
: NateAtMAP|||||
: 1-888-MAPERFORMANCE x 114|||||
: [email protected]

|||||||||||||||

·
Registered
38 Posts
Perhaps you can include cam angle sensor heat shield and call it "heat shield package" :p.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Just bought all 3 of these heat shields and the ShortRunner exhaust mani. Looking forward to my soon to be - more heat resistant X! Still waiting on that short runner heat shield!

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Which hole doesn't line up? I am surprised to hear this...we have one installed on Chris's EVO X with no fitment issues and it is still there. Do you happen to have a picture you could provide or would you be kind enough to snap off a picture of what you are having difficulties with?

·
Registered
769 Posts
So if I line the holes on the top, the holes on the bottom don't line up. If I line the holes on the bottom, the holes on the top doesn't line up.

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see what you have going on there. It's hard to tell how far off they are from the picture, but often time I find myself having to "loose fit" parts, meaning...I basically just get the bolts into location threading only the first portion of the threads so that I have some movement to get the other bolts lined up, if that makes sense. Try that and let me know if it helps!

·
Registered
769 Posts
that bolt is just a guide though. There is one on the top and one on the bottom. I will wait for the other guy to try and then let me know. I tried it a few times and eventually gave up.

Also the metal on the top hits the strut tower bar bracket. I hope it's just isolated issues and maybe I suck at installing. lol

Another feedback. Can these be built in aluminum. Steel is so heavy... Is there a price increase between steel and aluminum?

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just got word back from Andrew, our head fabricator and the person that actually designed these. According to him, there are two studs located on the firewall...one almost perpendicular to the upper bracket and one several inches more towards the passenger side of the vehicle. In OEM form, these studs are used to hold the factory sound deadening material to the firewall by way of plastic nuts. Those nuts will interfere with proper placement of the heat shield. Make sure those nuts are removed prior to fitment of the heat shield.

Nate

·
Registered
769 Posts
if removing the stud is the case then it might fit. I will give that a try if I don't feel lazy tonight. Not even sure that stud was removable?

Another option would be making the hold bigger just a tad I guess.

·
Registered
407 Posts
anyone installed this yet?

Mine doesn't fit. The hole doesn't line up.

i have a 2008 Evo X
Same here..

Alignment with all the bottom screws in place. Even "loose fitting" didn't help line it up.

I had to "rest" the heatshield to the strut bar bracket so that it won't hang loose and rattle.

The heatshield "resting" on one stud with the plastic nut screwed in.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.