Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2006 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here we go, getting her back on the road. Nothing to crazy but I'm sure my trials and tribulations will be entertaining
So my currents mods are:
ETS extreme cb
200 Cell hfc
K&N 4 inch intake cone
Perrin 3-Port
Perrin turbo inlet
UICP

Now that I have a vented block I start all over with that so:
MAP stage one short block
-Wiseco pistons
-Manley H beam connecting rods
-APR Head studs
-ACL bearings, thrust washers
-GSC Power-Division Beehive Spring Kit w/ Titanium Retainers

MAP Stage 1 Head Prep
SSP Performance Complete Oil Cooler Kit

Were picking her up Saturday to see how bad the top half is so well see about how those mods pan out...and away, we, go!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
First!

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Harhar! I will be watching this one closely. What turbo? I'm assuming your other one got fucked in the explosion.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Harhar! I will be watching this one closely. What turbo? I'm assuming your other one got fucked in the explosion.
We'll see, probably stock I can't have this turn ugly quick....build back to DD

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Just slap a Red on there and tune to like 20psi until you do the SST.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dealer laughed when I asked for help. Idk I thought they would try to work something. As for the other. CBRD housed my car and sent it to Mitsubishi for me, so that was alot of help. As for labor, neither was really giving me any help at all. I guess I'm too poor afford that shop to put the engine in. So end of story from
The financial side, NO!

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
By the hands of Nate @ MAP, and the Pittsburgh evo crew, the engine will be put in

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Dealer laughed when I asked for help. Idk I thought they would try to work something. As for the other. CBRD housed my car and sent it to Mitsubishi for me, so that was alot of help. As for labor, neither was really giving me any help at all. I guess I'm too poor afford that shop to put the engine in. So end of story from
The financial side, NO!

Sounds like all CBRD did was waste your time. I mean, couldn't you have had the car sent to South Park or Baierl for $50 or something only for them to tell you NO? It's not like they even diagnosed the problem, did they? Anyway, this will be an interesting build. At least go green IMO. Get Clipse or Ivey to tune it when it's built.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Sounds like all CBRD did was waste your time. I mean, couldn't you have had the car sent to South Park or Baierl for $50 or something only for them to tell you NO? It's not like they even diagnosed the problem, did they? Anyway, this will be an interesting build. At least go green IMO. Get Clipse or Ivey to tune it when it's built.
Correct waste of time and $. Cost me $500 to get that up there alone. Original plan was to put stock tune and boost controller on there and see if they would warranty it. I could
Have done that in pitts, but i didnt bc i was told there was a solid relationship between CBRD and dealer, and the parts and tuned stayed on their any way.....But I guess you live and you learn and figure out who to trust. Problem with going green, oxymoron, is that I don't have FMIC, Inj, or a DP

1 - 20 of 2006 Posts