Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess these rims are made with tiny baby hands in mind because I can't fit my (average sized) hand between the spokes to clean them with a wash mitt. Anyone have any suggestions on how to wash off all the brake dust from the entire wheel without much effort?
Any specific product work really well for anyone?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
You can buy wheel cleaning brushes pretty much anywhere lol.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Get a Speed Master wheel brush or some wheel woolies and a good wheel cleaner like Sonax full effect.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Get a Speed Master wheel brush or some wheel woolies and a good wheel cleaner like Sonax full effect.
+1
I use sonax full effect when my wheels are very dirty. For my weekly cleaning, I use autoglym wheel cleaner mixed 50/50 with water.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I used just a regular microfiber towel to wash my stock wheels
I do the same, with a bucket of highly diluted car wash. I use a stiff brush and chemical guys APC on the tires.

However, I try to take the wheels off and do a deep clean once every 6 weeks or so including cleaning the wheel wells.

·
Registered
322 Posts
wheel woolies, ironx if they are super dirty or the diablo gel from chemical guys for regualr cleaning and a wheel brush works great for me. if you want to get super fancy put some jetseal on them its help keeps break dust from baking on if you don't clean them every week or so.

·
Registered
228 Posts
wheel woolies, ironx if they are super dirty or the diablo gel from chemical guys for regualr cleaning and a wheel brush works great for me. if you want to get super fancy put some jetseal on them its help keeps break dust from baking on if you don't clean them every week or so.
Thank You! I just bought the wheel woolies, and diablo gel for my wheels :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
i use adams wheel cleaner brush and regular soap and water, when it gets bad some degreaser works real well for me and as far as ive been using it it hasnt caused any damage to paint or the like. but itd be a good idea to invest in wheel cleaner.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wollies and spray

I had a bottle of cleaner spray(i'll have to find the name later, it changes colors!) and I used that for the first time a couple weeks ago. It worked nicely on the front face of the wheels but didn't help a lot for the drums. And you have to use a ton of the stuff to get the front brakes really well. I'll just stick to the wheel woolies and elbow grease from now on

·
Registered
56 Posts
I kind of gave up cleaning inside the wheels. On my good days, I would take off the wheel and clean it with simply green and wax.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts