Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I spoke to a local dealer. He states that:

" Mitsu has not released their pricing yet. They have not translated the yen sticker price to US dollars"

Can you read through that BS? This is downright ugly. I wondering if they are trying to predict currency exchange values within the next year. Anyway, looks like no pricing today.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
If they just translated the Yen to USD (and to CDN) that would be fine, the USD will likely remain stable or slightly increase in value over the next year. But they don't do that. Each market is evaluated on its own terms. Limeys and Canucks are small markets so let's screw 'em!

Anyway, isn't official pricing supposed to be out today, KMXxBadboy???

·
Registered
847 Posts
It's like seige warfare. I got the runaround today on the web-meeting we had. I bitched moaned and complained. So they gave me another allotment of 12 Evo X's.

While it's nice to give me more cars, I really wanted pricing too, but they just were saying that they couldn't release it yet. They wouldn't give me an explanation as to why.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Dealer said its on the freaking boat, that's great, what the hell is the price? Am I the only one that's frustrated?

we all are.may they want subaru to release first then they will.the wait its taking too long but if it goes that far up then i will be buying a gt500kr or ss.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been frustrated for a while now. About 2-3 times a week I think I should get my deposit back and buy a sti... If the subaru dealer near me wasn't so incompetent I would have a deposit down already. All I have to say is that after waiting so long I expect to be rewarded for my patience with a price within my range or under, which probably won't happen. This sh** is so stressful.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Isn't everyone? I really would like to know the price right now, but since Mitsu is being uptight about their price, I geuss we'll just have to be patient.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
I went to my local dealer last night to look at colors and such, and they're getting ONE evo, which will be an MR.

Then they proceeded to tell me "to forget paying MSRP for it". Ha!

"Don't worry, I won't be buying it here."

·
Registered
364 Posts
I went to my local dealer last night to look at colors and such, and they're getting ONE evo, which will be an MR.

Then they proceeded to tell me "to forget paying MSRP for it". Ha!

"Don't worry, I won't be buying it here."
Dealers are gay The ones here in Denver are marking them up 10k just because they are AWD. I am not paying the 10k mark up I got the msrp price locked down by putting 10k down.

·
Registered
521 Posts
dOPEY MITSUBISHI THINKING

Does anynoe know why they dont produce larger production and think of selling more of them at a fair price instead of having giant mark up on the few that make it to the dealer. If Mitsubishi wants to make it big and they have a Great product that ppl wanna buy, why not mass produce it. I'M SURE IT CAN OUTSELL THE CAMRY IF THEY PRICE IT RIGHT:tmyk:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, its called basic microeconomics - demand pricing. Mitsubishi, as a profit maximizing firm (all businesses are profit maximizing) looks at its target market, the demand curve, consumer perceived utility (utility curves), the price of alternative competitor offerings, the substitution rate, and price elasticity of demand (as the price goes up, how many customers will they lose?).

With all that data, they build a profit curve based on how many cars they think they will sell at each price point versus the cost of production and distribution (including marketing costs) for the volume of cars at that price point (and administrative overheads). The various curves intersect at a sweet spot were the profit margin is largest, and that's the price they will set for the car.

So what's the reason for the delay? Mitsubishi's production capabilities and target volume is to sell 4,000 Evos a month worldwide. According to Mitsubishi's own press releases, as reported in Auto Week, half those cars will be sold into Japan to what Mitsubishi knows to be a dedicated and loyal customer base (i.e., that customer base would never buy a substitution and as its their home market its easy for them to price to this market).

Why the delay for North America? Mainly, they don't have a price for their major substitution (the Subie STI), therefore making it difficult for them to determine how much profit they can gouge out of the American car consumer.

They are in a game of price chicken with Subaru. As in all games of chicken, someone is going to blink first.

Cheers,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why the delay for North America? Mainly, they don't have a price for their major substitution (the Subie STI), therefore making it difficult for them to determine how much profit they can gouge out of the American car consumer.

They are in a game of price chicken with Subaru. As in all games of chicken, someone is going to blink first.

Cheers,
Price of the STI has been release for some time in the US. Just not in Canada even though the STI has landed in Vancouver. Can someone confirm if we can Import the STI to Canada? Cause I have a feeling that Subaru canada will keep the STI MSRP around $48,000. If that is the case I'm going south to order one or wait to see what the EVO is priced at. I hate this waiting game.....

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have been talking to a dealer in Colorado, and one in Wyoming.

The guy in Colorado told me base GSR price will be right at $30k, and that the MR will be about $6k more. I have dibs on a GSR there with the technology package, I was told to expect to pay around $34k.

The guy in Wyoming is telling me there will be no price, that they will be selling them to whoever is willing to pay the most...I call BS!!!

·
Dick Tracy
167 Posts
That is terrible. Send our condolences to his family. RIP EVO ENTHUSIAST. Glad you are ok and rest up KMX.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.