Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts

The biggest things that set this apart from the concept X are...

1-the fenders. The concept's fenders were WAY hotter.

2-The hood/bumper. They introduced a new line with the prototype. It doesn't look as smooth since the hood now doesn't reach the end of the car.

3-Headlights. The concept had meaner looking eyes.

·
Resident Narcoleptic
1,696 Posts
Yeah those fenders from the concept were very droolworthy. I knew only Mazda could pull off sexy fenders like that on a production car.

I'm still crossing my fingers that the headlights from the prototype make it to the final one, and they were just using the boring 'normal' lancer headlights as part of the camo for testing purposes.

I still don't get why they did that crap with the hood/bumper. Why add an additional panel seam to the car?

Am I the only one that thinks the prototype was absolutely perfect? Yeah it lost the aggressive headlights of the concept, added that seam between the front bumper and the hood, and sorta lost the coolness of the fenders from the concept, but it was still a mean looking machine.

This test mule has looks that aren't even on-par with the evo IX.. it lost most of the agressiveness due to the headlights they slapped on it,

If they made it look exactly like the prototype, it'd be the meanest production car ever!

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
I'm still crossing my fingers that the headlights from the prototype make it to the final one, and they were just using the boring 'normal' lancer headlights as part of the camo for testing purposes.
I sincerely doubt it the comcept lights will make it to production. It would require the hood and bumper to be changed.

I still don't get why they did that crap with the hood/bumper. Why add an additional panel seam to the car?
Beats me. I'm mad at them for it though.

Am I the only one that thinks the prototype was absolutely perfect?
(I think you mean CONCEPT) No, you're not the only one.

Yeah it lost the aggressive headlights of the concept, added that seam between the front bumper and the hood, and sorta lost the coolness of the fenders from the concept, but it was still a mean looking machine.

This test mule has looks that aren't even on-par with the evo IX.. it lost most of the agressiveness due to the headlights they slapped on it,

If they made it look exactly like the prototype, it'd be the meanest production car ever!

*concept.

:iagree:

·
Resident Narcoleptic
1,696 Posts
Now you're confusing it even more. I meant concept and prototype exactly as written in my post. The prototype headlights are the exact same shape as the base lancer lights, but look a HELL of a lot nicer (projectors, looks like LED turn signals, etc).

Yes, the concept looked awesome but at this point it isn't happening. The prototype is still totally feasible, as it appears to be fully based off the production lancer body.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
^Hi2u Amuse. Welcome to the forums.

@Kansei - I hear ya, bud. I'm hoping Mitsu gets the balls back to make it more aggressive. And if they don't, hopefully the aftermarket companies produce the parts to make it more Concept and/or Prototype looking.

·
Resident Narcoleptic
1,696 Posts
I'm still crossing my fingers for meaner* headlights on the 'real deal' model. I'm guessing they are just trying to keep people guessing, because I seriously doubt those mirrors come on anything other than like an outlander :p are they even painted??

*by meaner I mean projector, HID, and black housing

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.