Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
Looks aside, I like the sound of that! The STI sounds like the winner in driver feedback and performance. In this review it is more the DRIVER's car compared to the Evo.
Doesn't sound that way to me...

Both models are fantastic sports cars that offer incredible pace, traction and all-round ability. The Impreza boasts great handling, a characterful engine plus hatchback practicality. It’s more fun, but isn’t the leap we were hoping. On the other hand, the Evo X is a big step forward. It’s more expensive, but it’s a real quality product – and is still amazing to drive. The only fly in the ointment is the five-speed gearbox. Add Mitsubishi’s new SST semi-auto, and the Evo X takes the honours.
They also commented that the evo had better feedback.

Clearly, they preferred the X overall...not sure how you guys are reading otherwise.

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
Given the GSR versus STI, STI wins, they are giving the prize to the MR. I don't want an MR.

As I quoted from the article:

The Evo does more for you, like the SST does the shifting for you, better than you ever could. The Evo AWD systems do more for you, better than you ever could. But these all take away from the driver's feel in the car,
But they can be disabled...the ASC has 3 stages...in the most advanced stage, it will allow you to spin out of control and hit a tree if you make a mistake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.