Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel compelled to sing the praises of the sat-nav in my 2010 GSR. This past weekend I took a road trip down to LA so it was the first time to really use it in a true urban jungle. Honestly, other than Google Nav, it was the first time I've ever used any sat-nav so I didn't completely know what to expect (only owned the car since Nov).

I must say that initially I really didn't trust her. She pulled me off the Ventura Freeway on to a parallel city street only to put me back on the freeway a mile or so down the road. That decision didn't quite make sense until I left the valley that evening. I decided to place my trust in her as I made my way from Malibu back to Vegas starting around 5p. LA traffic was living up to its name. The surprising thing was that the sat-nav was calculating my route according to Real Time Traffic (RTT). Often times she would have me exit the 10 just to reenter as that exit merged back on to the 10 a ways down effectively enabling me to jump past a good chunk of congested traffic. It dawned on me that was what she did earlier on the Ventura Freeway.

She was a godsend and with her RTT routes probably saved me upwards to about 1hr of travel leaving the valley (still took me about 2:30 to get out). She has my complete trust now. I shall name her Glenda because that is a name I can trust.

· Registered
221 Posts
The navi is great... I live in LA and tried it out a few times driving around. Even though I know where it is I told it to take me to Disneyland by entering "happiest place on earth Anaheim, CA" a few weeks ago and I ended up at a strip club. Go figure... :innocent:

· Registered
5,523 Posts
I've used mine around town just to see how accurate it is. Lies to me on what side of the road a house is on lol. Constantly! It'll get me there just not the path I would take most of the time. :shrugs: but it works.
Are you driving in reverse? :p

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Your post made me start a thread of my own.
I have a 2010 an RTT is not working for me. Did you have to do anything special to enable it?
I'm not entirely certain how RTT works. Perhaps it is only available in certain cities?

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm in LA and I'm pretty certain it is available here. Now even more so after reading OP's post.
In that case Doc, mine was most certainly working in LA. Shoot there were yellow and red arrows all over the freeways which as I understand indicate RTT congestion levels. At times it was almost annoying but again that is LA traffic.

Perhaps you should swing by the dealership and ask them about it. For what it is worth I don't have Sirius turned on, which pretty much tells me that RTT comes in over FM or AM waves.

· Registered
1,214 Posts
Your post made me start a thread of my own.
I have a 2010 an RTT is not working for me. Did you have to do anything special to enable it?
I wonder if it is a newer "version" than our 2010's?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.