Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great! The reason I asked is because, according to the tuner I spoke to at WTF Tuning and several threads, the Cobb AP tuning software does not allow for tuning of the SST, which is absolutely necessary for a good tune in the MR. If you have a GSR, I believe it should meet your needs. A buddy of mine gets his full bolt-on GSR pro-tuned through the AP V3 and he is very satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Great! The reason I asked is because, according to the tuner I spoke to at WTF Tuning and several threads, the Cobb AP tuning software does not allow for tuning of the SST, which is absolutely necessary for a good tune in the MR. If you have a GSR, I believe it should meet your needs. A buddy of mine gets his full bolt-on GSR pro-tuned through the AP V3 and he is very satisfied with the results.
Gotcha, I thought the MR was compatible...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say it isn't compatible. It flashes the tune just fine and generally smooths out the powerband. However, it only tunes the engine and does nothing to tune the transmission, resulting in higher levels of knock in the MR than you typically see in a GSR. This is why I just sold my AP and am going to open-source tuning, like many told me to do in the first place lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say it isn't compatible. It flashes the tune just fine and generally smooths out the powerband. However, it only tunes the engine and does nothing to tune the transmission, resulting in higher levels of knock in the MR than you typically see in a GSR. This is why I just sold my AP and am going to open-source tuning, like many told me to do in the first place lol
Ah gotcha. Fair enough 👍

21 - 30 of 30 Posts