Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, they're definitely trying to market themselves as a high quality brand. I don't really give a crap. I just wanted the shiny tow hook.

My current tow hook is horrible quality. It rusts and chips away, and it was $120.

I'm just putting the price out there because if I don't I'm going to get 10 PM's asking how much it is.

· Cunning Linguist
12,473 Posts
Interesting, is that a hex screw on top to tighten the hook down?

· Registered
244 Posts

· Registered
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting, is that a hex screw on top to tighten the hook down?
Not sure.

This tow hook works differently than my current one. I haven't adjusted the others, so I can't compare to them. When you move the tow hook itself it clicks into various positions and holds. My current one is a bitch to adjust. I don't ever really adjust the position, but I'm just saying. It's a very well built part. Is it worth $275? Value is relative to the buyer.

· Registered
14,255 Posts
Needs JDM crashbeam or crashbeam modification?

· Registered
14,255 Posts
What needs done?

· Cunning Linguist
12,473 Posts
You can either swap out the crash beam and air guides for the JDM Spec ones, or drill a hole through the USDM crash beam and use a lock nut on the other side. Some people have fabbed up threaded mounts as well.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.