Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did this a few moths ago but haven't had much time to post it up (or any of our recent projects lately). This past years iteration of my X has had some positive and negative results. Positive being that it made great power and feels amazing on the street. Negative is that the way everything was designed, I wanted to minimize lag as much as possible on the Super 99, guess I did that a little too well, lol. I actually ended up spooling up the turbo too fast and putting into horrible surge that would shake the car and slow it down when shifting into 4th and especially 5th. You can see on the graph it's spooling around 4000rpm and has 20psi by 4600, pretty crazy for a 72mm turbo, lol. Even crazier is that it was spooling faster than that, this is the slowest I could get it to spool. Already working on the fixes for all this over the winter, so I should actually be able to get it down the track as fast as it should be, lol.

Moore Automotive 2.2L Stroker (Manley crank, Turbo Tuff rods, custom Wiseco stroker pistons)
Headgames ported head
Custom cams
Cometic MLX headgasket
ARP 625+ head studs
SSP Titan intake manifold
Boomba 75mm throttle body
Moore Automotive custom sidewinder turbo kit
FP Super 99 turbo, v-band 1.03 turbine housing
ETS 5" Intercooler
ARE/Moore Automotive dry sump oiling setup
Electric Waterpump
SparkTech ignition system
Moore Automotive big fuel system with MagnaFuel 750 fuel pump and ID2000 injectors
4" aluminum exhaust
Probably some stuff I'm forgetting, lol

46psi on pump E85

https://youtu.be/2WfLktWU-0w Link to dyno vid, not sure why it won't let me embed it here

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Wow, I'll be waiting for the track results.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Looks slow hahahahaha. Nice job with it man! Should haul decent. You're not still using a stock trans are you? Probably a 4.18 final drive I would think?

·
Registered
706 Posts
Using GSC beehives

ok cool have you had any problems with floating valves yet or have you set them up differently to be able to hold more boost?

Yeah, hopefully I can do something decent this upcoming year. This is still a street car though, weighs 3200lbs right now.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Would be interested to see pics of the dry sump and electric water pump if you feel like sharing :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks slow hahahahaha. Nice job with it man! Should haul decent. You're not still using a stock trans are you? Probably a 4.18 final drive I would think?
lol, thanks! Yeah, I'm running a 4.18, otherwise stock trans though

Would be interested to see pics of the dry sump and electric water pump if you feel like sharing :)
I'll have to dig them up, they're on my old phone. I'll post a few

·
Registered
30 Posts
thats crazy, nice job

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is this motor sleeved? During my lurking I personally don't believe I've seen enough "concrete" proof showing that its required or necessary for a 2.0 or stroker. (750whp or 9s goal) Tons of people saying just do it, might as well, cant hurt. I don't care who you are, 1k-1.5k is still 1k-1.5k just for sleeves.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So stock transmission ? Stock tcase? And rear diff?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts