Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after being 'jimmy jacked around by severall dealers with mark ups and delivery charges including an Allison' Mits' salesman beating on one I wanted in Reno I made the call Friday down to 'South Coast Mits'. Wanting a base' model in WW...they said yes we have one. The price is $30,558 says Mike the fleet manager. This was 2,700 cheaper than any other dealer I talked to! It took me all of 25 minutes to get a flight to Orange County, go to the bank for a cashiers check and arrange for a ride to the Reno airport the next day. I was at the dealer 16 hours later with a cashiers check for 33,110 OTD...signed a bunch of stuff, took possesion with 7 miles on the clock and was off. Of course I recommend these guys at South Coast...great experience:bowlol:.

It was sick drive up the coast especially through Big Sur and the Santa Cruz Mts. The roads in the Santa Cruz Mts. are unreal and go on forever. The whole way was 725 miles....a good part of my break in. I pretty much double clutched and babied the gearbox, varied speeds and revs the whole way. I took time to heat cycle and bed the breaks in as well.The X is disgusting in the tight and twisty...a real demon. I like everything about the car except I was dreaming of a 6 speed for the freeway. The ratios are short. They gears absolutely kill in mountain roads though..It was a bit buzzy at cruising speeds for sure and would be well served with an extra gear. That would make it a sure 'Cannonball' canditate on top of it's obvious track worthiness. I do believe after the proper tune/simple mods this X will easily be one quick car. Let the modding begin lol

Here are some pics from the drive back up CA Hiway 1. I did the drive over 3 days with a stop at a freinds house in Santa Cruz:

·
Registered
461 Posts
Congrats! Seeing alot of white EvoXs lately.
You got a pretty good deal. I wonder if the prices for Japanese cars are gonna rise soon, the Yen to US Dollar rate is getting lower everyday. Few months ago it was around 119 yen to the US dollar, now it's around 100 yen to the US dollar.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Man congrats on the car
White is the best color for the EVO

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks..it is wicked indeed on mountain roads. 'Scared the crap outta' myself a few times blazing some fresh asphalt on the Big Sur coastline. I gotta' say I just love the way the throttle and brake are placed...makes it real easy to double clutch and brake. The engine spins so easy between shifts

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
Grats dude. car looks sweet.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks again. I have history of white cars. We have a lot of spring pollen storms and white hides pollen pretty good.

I just woke up and looked in the driveway and it got rained on last nite dammit. Once the buyer comes for the Subaru she gets the garage full time

·
Registered
271 Posts
I = jealous. im so rdy to buy my evo but its killin me sittin here readin bout everyone enjoying theirs. AYE!! pure torture, but congratz man, im loving the white. its my 3rd choice though behind black and gray. but man, im rly starting to like white. great price too. but how much you spend in traveling as well? plane tickets, gas, food, lodging? guess u can add all that to the overall price of wut u spent for the evo too eh?:shades:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I = jealous. im so rdy to buy my evo but its killin me sittin here readin bout everyone enjoying theirs. AYE!! pure torture, but congratz man, im loving the white. its my 3rd choice though behind black and gray. but man, im rly starting to like white. great price too. but how much you spend in traveling as well? plane tickets, gas, food, lodging? guess u can add all that to the overall price of wut u spent for the evo too eh?:shades:
the whole trip cost 370...the dealer helped by filling the tank the first time:bowlol:. I have to consider the trip sort of a vacation though. I had a good time driving and the weather was great..about 75 the whole way which is 30 something degrees warmer than it is here now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice car man! Congrats on the puchase!

I am considering getting one. I saw a few parked outside Rt 35 in Sayreville NJ....very nice! In person they are really a bold looking ride. I like them in person even more than in pics.

any early mods planned?

Jon

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice car man! Congrats on the puchase!

I am considering getting one. I saw a few parked outside Rt 35 in Sayreville NJ....very nice! In person they are really a bold looking ride. I like them in person even more than in pics.

any early mods planned?

Jon
First new Bridgestone REO50A Pole Positions then tint. Like everyone else I'm waiting for some engine management...then I start the motor mods. Also looking into some sound deadening stuff

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.