Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share some pics of this recent project.

I used the Morimoto XB LED (70mm) universal set and retrofitted them into OEM Housings and using OEM lenses.

It came with a 9006 male end so I cut the oem connector and put it on a 9006 female.

Any questions let me know!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks really good to me.

I've been wanting to do something like this, but I've never retrofitted any lights or anything. How complicated is it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks really good to me.

I've been wanting to do something like this, but I've never retrofitted any lights or anything. How complicated is it?

Fairly easy for the most part, just take your time. Unlike some other retrofits the fog lights do not need to be baked or heat gun for you to remove the lenses. They are held in by clips at the back.

I also seen these after that might work and might be easier to do.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/projector-kits/hid-led-projectors/bi-led-profile-hi-lens-led-high-beam.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How badly did you have to mangle the factory housing/shroud to fit the Morimotos?

The worst part was removing the reflector, once that was removed the Morimotos were actually with same width as the shroud. I used the oem rubber seal to seat the Morimotos into the shroud then siliconed it so it wouldn’t move once that dried I used alot of Goop at the back to hold everything together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jcl

Also, how do you adjust them once they are in?
I took measurements of the adjustment screw before I removed the oem reflectors, and I just put the gap back to the same measurement.

I do not have a pic at the moment, just out of town.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts