Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Here is a tune we did this last Saturday. Super cool guy with a very nice 2011 Evo X came to us with some basic bolt ons wanting to get the thing running how it should. He was having poor results with an off-the-shelf tune he had been running. We switched from a Cobb Accessport to opensource tuning

Shop: Motion Lab Tuning

Peak Torque Occurs at: 3700 RPM
Peak Power Occurs at: 6600 RPM

Peak Power: 304whp
Peak Torque: 340wtrq

Baseline Dyno: 2008 EvoX with stock mapping (had 3”catback)

Type of Dyno: Dyno Dynamics
Correction: Default Settings

Weather: 96f
Altitude: 850ft
Humidity: NA
Baro: 29 in.

Vehicle: 2011 Mitsubishi EvoX
Mods:
-ETS Intake
-ETS 3.5in intercooler kit w/ piping
-Tomei Titanium Catback (this thing sounds sweet and is super light!)
-Cobb tuning BPV

Final Tune:

AFR with Boost:

Tuned Graph vs Baseline Vehicle (stock mapping with 3” catback):

Power and Torque at the Flywheel ---> 291HP vs 376HP (about 22% drivetrain loss):

Overall impressions after the initial drive the customer gave great feedback. Said we got the "Oh shit" feeling back in the car for him. Spools quick and hits pretty hard for a stock turbo thats for sure!

Thanks,
Alex Goodwin
[email protected]
http://www.facebook.com/MotionLabTuning

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My boost was going crazy. But the Cobb is a great product, it would have needed to be protuned in order to fix all of the issues so I just decided to open source instead of driving several hundred miles. Max boost is now 25psi!

I picked up another toy Thursday that might also be tuned here.
Awesome! We can't wait to see what you have for us next buddy. Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be another fun day at the dyno haha.

Thanks,
Alex Goodwin
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.