Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wanted to share with our fellow SE members some great news at Motion Lab Tuning in Charlotte, NC.

Our client in Hong Kong/China has requested our expertise in-person to tune a multitude of Subaru and Evos running standalone EMS and opensource. We will also over-see the installation of our ML1300 motor while there as well. We are excited about the project for various reasons, but mostly about the way Motion Lab has grown to this point in less than just 3 years of operation.

I plan on shooting some pics/short videos and will update this thread in about a week from this post.

Dates of Travel: January 6th - 23rd (Note: Motion Lab will continue to operate normal business hours 9am-6pm M-F, 10am-1pm Sat. during this time.)

Locations: China, Hong Kong, Macau

Map

Skyline of Hong Kong

Anyhow, this will be one busy week. Got several cars to tune then I am heading towards the airport on Friday.

Notice that I don't actually arrive until a day later from the departure date. About the only good thing for this flight are the skymiles

My expired passport and my new one that just arrived on Friday.

Needed some new luggage. Did that today. Both bags double as backpacks and dufflebags.

Gathering some necessary tuning gear (don't think the Cobb Pro-Tuner Software will be required lol)

Reflecting on 2011, we had a tremendous year. We setup various direct partnerships with leading manufacturers like AEM Electronics, Manley Performance, Deatschwerks, TialSport, Competition Clutch, Heatshield Products, and strengthened existing vendor relationships. We also created two new salaried positions, an internship, and more than quadrupled our sales volume from the previous year. This type of controlled growth really blew away all reasonable expectations!

In 2011, we tuned countless vehicles and averaged about 2-3 newly "built" motors per month. Parts sales became a major part of our business model as well.

2011 was also the year where we gained traction in the international tuning market. To date, we have acquired clients both retail and commercial, in the following countries;

• Switzerland (new)
  • Bahrain (new)
  • Saudi Arabia (new)
  • Mexico (existing from previous year)
  • Brazil (existing from previous year)
  • Trinidad (new)
  • Hong Kong (new)

For 2012, we have created yet another new position. Please welcome "Flowers" to the Motion Lab crew! That's his nickname and we'll call him that too
And finally, we are also expecting our new dyno towards the end of February!

Happy 2012!!

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First set of pics! Tuned a bunch of cars so far. We have to wait until Sunday to use the dyno though. Everything is very clustered together here and the noise ordinaces are strict. So we'll have quite a few graphs coming shortly. I would say that the majority of the cars are JDM other than a few EDM ones that we have too. Sorry not too many EvoXs in HK

Enjoy! Todd

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Looks like an awesome trip

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea you bet dude! We are going to be in Guangzhou in China on Wednesday to check out a shop that we are going to partner with. It's pretty unbelievable. I am being treated very, very well! So yes, you can come next time :)

Getting ready for a busy day in the morning (Sunday), we are tuning from 7:30am, first car, to 12am Monday. It is going to be a long, long day but it should be good.

Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts