Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'll be moving to C'ville this summer, and I had some questions about my X. How are the cops in the area, in terms of catbacks? I'm moving from LA and I haven't had any trouble here yet (knock on wood). I also have an injen intake with the CARB sticker, will that give me any problems during inspection? Thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts
C'ville isn't going to be a bad place for all that. it's when you start heading up to northern VA that you have to be concerned about smog and modifications. The cops in the area are bored, it's a small town... very small. (LA, like los angeles or louisiana? it may be a bit of a culture shock.) So be prepared to deal with them in some regards if the car is TOO loud or TOO obnoxious, but you'll hear loud turbo diesel trucks running around all day.

the mountains on the 33 are great for a drive. Let me know when you get out there (I'm about an hour north) and I'll show you some amazing drives.

·
[Global Mod], [Local Team Member]
2,511 Posts
If he is talking about carb he is coming from Cali.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Yeah, i'll be coming from Los Angeles. I think work will keep me pretty busy to worry too much about culture shock haha. Are VA inspections a pain with a catback and intake? If there's any trouble i'd much rather deal with it here where I have stock parts and my tools, before moving cross country. And definitely will take you up on that after I get settled in.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Catback and intake are fine in VA, i used to live there. If you get a test pipe, keep the sotck cat to swap on the car before inspection. Otherwise your good to go, and enjoy it! I always liked charolttesville.

·
Registered
2 Posts
But how do you think, is it a good idea to call the service for making the moving?
Phhh, man. Totally agree with you. Frankly speaking, I never liked the moving, but it's wonderful when the guys from the moving company make it easier. The last time I moved, I did it with the guys from man with a van. They worked so well that I didn't even notice when my house emptied. It was a pleasure to talk to them while they were packing. All the companies should have such workers, I'm sure you guys are like so also. I saw someone asking for movers in the London or UK, you can contact them by the way. It's simply the best moving company that I moved with: the quality and the price are the best ones, I've ever seen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts