Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i drove out to Canada and picked up some MR heated Recaros for my final edition.
They have the heated seat plug on the bottom, and my car had a heated seat cable that was folded back and taped to the bundle under the factory seats.

I hooked up the seats and went out and bought a MR heated seat switch, part# 8610A070. Got that installed and find that they included the wiring to connect heated seats at the seat but not the center console.

I attached the pictures of the center console and the switch.
I read around and it looks like I may need a harness and a relay?
I did not see any part numbers, and I cannot find any posts that go into those details.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I need part number 8548A007, but I am not sure. If no one else knows I will call the dealership Monday and order it. That way if it doesn't fit i can return it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
8548A007 is the wiring harness to hook up the heated switch controls, the light comes on showing it has power, but the seats are not heating up...

If i put it on low or high it doesn't do anything, and the light on the high/low side doesn't light up. Not sure if I am missing something? I checked, there is a 30 amp fuse in the heated seats fuse. Not sure if the non heated seats would have the heated seat plug on the bottom of the seat still??

something is off here.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And the unplugged right angle connector at the end looks to be an extra cigarette lighter hookup... Not sure if the 2010 ones or something had a cigarette lighter for the back seat?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would anyone with working heated seats be kind enough to take a picture of their fuses and their wiring under the cupholders?

The cupholders just pop out, there are clips at each of the corners. ;)

I found a diagram that mentions a copper bus-bar in the fuse box, which i don't think i have.
Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Found the problem was a missing relay, the car had the fuse but not the relay in the top right corner. Talked an Evo guy on facebook and found it was the same relay as the rear defrosters and took that one in and had them sell me a replacement one.

I took pictures of the relay and where it goes.
Now the seats heat up and everything.

So you need:
Heated seats
Heated seat switch
Wiring harness
Relay

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dude this is awesome! If only it weren't completely impossible to get a hold of recaros right now.

I have been looking for months for a quality set that are not outrageously priced. It looks like you got a killer deal congratz!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bunch of good information for someone that can find a set of heated Recaros. I like leather seats and all but I can't my wife to like them so I guess I'll have to stick with the factory MR seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice job Korish! Like the thread here as I'm going through the same thing with the heated seats at the moment. Did you ever find where that extra right angle plug went to? Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there
I can acquire a pair of cloth Recaro heated seats for $1200 for my 2011 Ralliart that came with non heated cloth seats.

From what I am gathering from this post, is that all I need are the seats, switches, the harness for the switch that goes in the center console and the relay that goes under the dash to the ETACS fuse box, is that correct?

I know about switching the seatbelt harness, sensors, and the OCM for the airbag system..

Just want to make sure before spending that kind of money on seats. But really would love OEM heated seats for winter time.
Thank you.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Hi there
I can acquire a pair of cloth Recaro heated seats for $1200 for my 2011 Ralliart that came with non heated cloth seats.

From what I am gathering from this post, is that all I need are the seats, switches, the harness for the switch that goes in the center console and the relay that goes under the dash to the ETACS fuse box, is that correct?

I know about switching the seatbelt harness, sensors, and the OCM for the airbag system..

Just want to make sure before spending that kind of money on seats. But really would love OEM heated seats for winter time.
Thank you.
Hard to say on a Ralliart but I would assume the process is similar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I do see an plug in the center console underneath the cup holders
And I can see the contacts for the relay in the ETACS fuse box.
So I'm assuming so.
Either way I got the heated recaros on there way.
Getting the relay, harness and switches as well.
Can't wait

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts