Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
some preliminary googling says that MS109 is NOT similar to E85 in that respect.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
No. E85 is unique in this respect. MS109 is just more resistant to detonation which enables you to run a leaner fuel mixture and / or more timing and as a result you will make more power (if tuned for MS109).

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
No. MS109 is a petrol with slight oxygenate (alcohol) content (<10%). It runs just like any other premium petrol, but with a higher octane level.

If you're tuned for 91 or 93, you will need more timing with this fuel or the EGT values will increase a bunch.

Motorsport 109™
Recommended for applications with CRs up to 15:1. In engines that can run on pump gas, MS109 is a direct replacement that produces up to 5% more horsepower than premium unleaded. In fact, MS109 makes more power than any other unleaded fuel on the market with the exception of VP’s MR-PRO4.1. Compared to other unleaded fuels, MS109 offers better detonation protection as well.

TYPICAL VALUES
• Color: Clear
• Motor Octane: 101
• Research Octane: 109
• R+M/2: 105
• Specific Gravity: .722 at 60° F

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for clearing that up. My googleing found information like the above ^ which I do not interpret very clearly yet.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
I run 93 and ms109 in my car. We add a bit more fuel w/ ms109, but thats because we run a bunch more power with it. You do not need to go mega injectors with 109 like you would with e85, which is why I use it.
1300cc injectors will be good for ~750+whp on ms109 with properly sized turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts