MTOD Picture & Video thread

6K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  JReid 
#1 ·
Here is what I have so far.

See less See more
#10 ·
how many evos showed up?

#12 ·
This meet was seriously the most dropped out of I've ever put together. Had over 30 members say they were interested/going and we only had 6 evo's show. There were other makes/models but soo many people backed out. Still had a good time but definitely wish more showed up for the event, especially since the date was voted on. May have to figure out a better way of doing things next year.

#15 ·
yep it was a big dissapointment. Always next year!
Yes it was suppose to be. I always take into account that only 50-60% of the people that actually sign up for a meet will show up, but this year it was like 10-15% actually showed up. People gave BS excuses sighting why they couldn't make it. Oh well, those who came had a great time and the weather was awesome this year.

My wife and I both agreed that next year we will hit up the dragon on our way down to the beach (Myrtle), thus putting MTOD on hiatus until I figure out if I want to continue that venture or not. I am very disappointed in the turnout by several groups that I have been a member of for years (3gs, 4gs, stratus).

Ill get my pics up soon enough. I took a cute video of our 20mo old daughter in the back of the car while riding the dragon that I need to get up also.

#16 ·
I agree it sucks that most people didn't show, but it was a BLAST and glad I got to meet some other members on here.

@kelvar13 and special k, thanks for dedicating your time for putting trip and the MTOD together. even if a lot of people didn't come I had an amazing time hanging and driving with yall. :rock::rock::rock:

#17 · (Edited)
Yeah, it's really a tricky situation. Basically if you make everyone do all the legwork themselves then they likely won't show up b/c it's a hassle to get all the reservations set up. If you do the legwork yourself (and make them pay a deposit or something), then you basically have a SHIT TON of work to do, and it's a huge pain as well. When I hosted the event last fall, I actually lost money due to people not showing and / or canceling. I had to put down a 900.00 deposit on 2 cabins to reserve them as well. At the end of the day it's really hard to get people to commit to a trip like this :(. I'm sorry it didn't have a better turn out. Even if I don't have my Evo, I'm willing to come to future trips, hell I may even host one this fall and do all the leg work again. I'm pretty sure I could swing Demi and Ivan at the every least, along with a few local guys.

Either way, these trips are an absolute blast to go to, and anyone who didn't go totally missed out (myself included). If it wasn't for all my car troubles, I would have been there :/.

#18 ·
no worries...crap happens and I understand that. I'm not bitter just a bit bummed out that so many dropped out last minute. I refuse to arrange cabins because I know if people back out you lose money. I'm trying to think of better ways to make this happen for next year and have a few ideas. First I think I need a solid schedule set up so people that haven't been/don't know anyone won't feel too intimidated by the thought of going to a strange area and getting lost/not meeting up with anyone. Second I think I need to post more maps to let people know the exact route so again they won't be intimidated. Third I'd reccomend people that are certain they are going get a cabin then post up how many rooms they have available. Then they can arrange the payment for the rooms on their own (non-refundable, or refundable up to a certain date kind of thing). I'd also love to get the forums to sponsor it or promote it to get more people on board. This is the 3rd time I've arranged a meet and the 5th one that I'm aware of. Each has had a decent turnout and if we could combine everyone that has gone in the past we could easily get 20-30 cars let alone all the newbies that have never gone. I really liked having an event shirt for this meet and thats something I'd like to continue for next year. Thats just a few ideas...hopefully one of these years we can pull off a huge turnout and have an evo megameet on the east coast (largest one so far has been the old evoxforums picnic in NJ).

#19 ·
you hit the nail on the head. being that I was a newbie to this years trip I will say it was nice to have veteran there (kelvar13 NO ****!!!!) to assist with navigating and showing me the ropes so to speak. I will let the incident of getting us lost in a horse observatory slide LOL :priceless:. but I feel if people really want to go, there going to throw down the funds and make the arrangements to git r done. I do like the idea of getting the forum sponsorship to.

#28 ·
So finally got my pics up.

Here is the NC crowd (Raleigh and East of Raleigh that is)

Evo in her element

Awesome views everwhere

More mountains

Even more mountains

The Evo portion of the Saturday meet. We did have a Porsche boxster, dodge caliber srt and a sportbike tag along

big ass dam

side profile

After running the dragon...about to hit up the skyway

View from the cherohalla skyway

This dude was ripping it up

Wife and the evo (I swear sometimes she loves the car more than I do lol)

FEEED ME CORNERS!!

Doesn't get much better than this

Costume mafia on Sunday

We had a lot of fun with the costumes lol

Its a me...Mario!

Give in to the dark side

Videos are next but those take forever and a day to upload. Should have some good runs though since it wasn't too crowded. Stay tuned for more!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.