Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys have had multiple engines failures i.e. Super bad luck? Im at a cross road what to do now with my car that has a whole in it's block. I'm not looking for power and cheapest way for me is oem everything, but am I making a mistake by doing this? Is the build Worth the debt? I'm not trying to push my limits by any means but just don't want this to happen to me again :(

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
11,760 Posts
Keep everything stock except pistons and rods and do the proper break in and you should be golden. Dont change comp ratio or nothing. 100% stock dimensions (although tolerances will change)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I agree. Keep it a 2.0 with 9.0 compression stock sleeves.

Pick the brand you like, etc... It will cost less than 2k for the part + block.

Keep It Simple Stupid...

:)

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
Mazzy get off the forums and start putting in some overtime, cutie.

Build the bottom end.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mazzy get off the forums and start putting in some overtime, cutie.

Build the bottom end.
It's to easy to forum creep on my phone. And I'm trying. I have Been putting in OT, extra hours at Job 2 and I been doing extra massaging at night. Im trying

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
I'm in for a happy ending on Friday.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
I'll give you a tip.

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
It just ended fast.

Stock Displacement, better internals. Done.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Murlo is the only person I know of with multiple failures, and I personally think the second one (on the built block) was tune related whereas the first was related to him pushing huge amounts of power on the stock block.

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Murlo is the only person I know of with multiple failures, and I personally think the second one (on the built block) was tune related whereas the first was related to him pushing huge amounts of power on the stock block.
I have bad luck, yes.

I'd honestly buy a new stock motor, just get a low mile used one if you want safe.

Otherwise just drop-ins on an otherwise stock motor is relatively safe as well.

happy, by that line of thinking both my motors went because of tuning :) My first tune was similar in tuning.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'll give you a tip.
lol. 2011 MR wasn't it? noticed from my buddie's that they seem to like to boost spike really bad. he was on a stage 1 AP tune, stock, and it liked to spike 29-31 and hold 19-20 psi to redline. it was like someone dumped pure cocaine into the gas tank. had to lower the boost tables for him quite a bit, or he would also have gained a rather expensive window in his block as well. i agree with low mile used block, do stock sized pistons, and upgraded rods, and a custom tune this time

·
Registered
14,174 Posts
He had a custom tune. Stage 1 blows.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have had multiple engine failures, I am starting to feel like Murlo these days. Luckly though my shop has stepped up and fixed all these issues on them.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts