Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
dang It might be just for the americas market, I havent heard of any recalls in Japan or Australia/New Zealand

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
any actual pictures of this hose coming off.
I did not take a pic when I noticed mine had come off. Just picture the hose sliding off the little nipple on the intake manifold

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
added link to New Fuel Relay part number to first post.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I found that for my car, the hose doesn't completely go all the way to the bottom... Doesn't look to be firmly connected... should I go about pulling the hose all the way down then zip tie it? It's too hot to touch now.

Apologies for the weird angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
I found that for my car, the hose doesn't completely go all the way to the bottom... Doesn't look to be firmly connected... should I go about pulling the hose all the way down then zip tie it? It's too hot to touch now.

Hell yeah, that looks like it ready to come off!

·
Registered
965 Posts
guys i just had the car on the road for a couple of hours... i got tuned in september for high 10`s and 11`s under WOT which i was holding in any gear with some early 12s at worst... (all these months no worries)
all day today i was letting the throttle off as my car would hit 10`s and then quickly climb and i would let off at 13`s when the wideband still goes up....
and at idle my wideband registers 17`s and sometimes even does not register as opposed to my usual high 15s...
is my fp relay out.....
i talked to meat_evo earlier and he told me to drive the car and make sure it is not the weather conditions.. but this evening i kept on driving and it turned mild 51 degrees outside... the situation didnot change...
i am pretty sure i lean out like insane both in idle and under WOT...
my question is?
relay?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Swap it with the highbeam or horn relay and check your wideband.

·
Registered
6 Posts
mine 2

my looks exactly like yours...

is this a problem or can i zip tie it now?

·
Registered
279 Posts
So i just got a evo 2010 gsr last month i called my dealership and talked to the parts department and they said that they havent heard of thsi issue and to continue using the black one that came with the car. I also talked to the parts department and had them look up the part #'s and they do carry the blue relay.. not sure if i show upgrade or not when they are saying not too and they havent heard anything about it.. there charging 45 bucks for the relay out here since its hawaii and all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i just replaced my relay with the blue one tonight, got it from mitsubishparts.net

and my FPR hose blew off last week, fixed it tonight.

sigh

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just called south coast mitsu

I call my dealer ship and They told me the fuel pump relay part number that was showing up in the system was 8627A024 which is different then the one the horn relay. I'm going to go take a look at it today.

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
my pressure relief valve popped off of my tank while rear seat cushion was out. fuel sprayed all over interior, put zip ties over it, havent had problems since.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was having a problem with this relay working intermittently when I first got the car. I just pulled the relay and jumped terminals 30 and 87. Haven't had a problem since, and that was about 10,000 miles ago.

Some people worry about the pump and fuel getting too hot running full voltage all the time, but as long as you aren't running the tnak nearly empty for long periods of time i doubt there will be any problems with overheating of the fuel or pump. Heck on the supras we run twin walbro 255s at full voltage all the time and never have any problems with them.

-Darin

21 - 40 of 64 Posts