Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
So I got my MUT 3 working and customized a little bit of the ETACS stuff, but my software is one of the older versions. Is it better to use the newest version?

If so, is there a way just to update the software without having to uninstall the old version, then install the new software?

Its kind of irritating that TPMS isnt an option and since I removed the SRS ECU, it wont connect to it, lol

·
Administrator
24,197 Posts
So I got my MUT 3 working and customized a little bit of the ETACS stuff, but my software is one of the older versions. Is it better to use the newest version?

If so, is there a way just to update the software without having to uninstall the old version, then install the new software?

Its kind of irritating that TPMS isnt an option and since I removed the SRS ECU, it wont connect to it, lol
Plug it back in and then pull it back out.

Where is the SRS ECU?

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
So is there a recommended MUTIII tool? I have a number of issues I'm trying to run down and there is no dealer in AK
I purchased mine from this ebay dealer (about Sept 2013, iirc): car-care-diagnostic-tools

Dino also got one from there. GREAT customer service.

Be sure to get one that specifically states it does programming, versus just reading codes, settings, etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
How can you extract the ETACS file using the MUT? If I can extract it I can have the file modified to disable TPMS. Any idea?

·
Premium Member
8,500 Posts
Have you learned how to re-program the gauge clusters for mileage. I have a 08 cluster now, and I am getting a 2010 cluster, and want the mileage to match up.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Any on know the password needed for the key code registration? The company that sells the MUT doesn't seem to be able to provide me with a password list for the various locked functions of the MUT

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have an Airbag Service Required message on the display with the red icon lit in the corner of the dash. Checked the wires under the seat and nothing seems loose. Can the MUTII and MUTIII both be used to investigate the codes? Can the message/light be disabled through this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks to TS for your effort on posting about MUT 3 . I know that was years ago , but it was never too late to say good work !

I just bought MUT3 from ebay , and it says something like this :
NO CARD SLOT
PROGRAMMING module is made into the PCB board directl

Am I able to use the programming function ?
What does programming actually do ? Program keys ?

THanks

21 - 40 of 51 Posts