41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I just bought MUT3 from ebay , and it says something like this :
NO CARD SLOT
PROGRAMMING module is made into the PCB board directl

Am I able to use the programming function ?
What does programming actually do ? Program keys
Sounds liek you got one that does nto do programming. Re-read the add and look specifically for "DOES PROGRAMMING".

Programming means the hardware is capable of isntallion ROM images into assorted computers (TC-SST, ETACS, ECU, ...). A non-programming hardware model is not capable of wriging programs to assorted modules and/or computers.

All of them read codes, OBD2 stream data values. and allow user-mode settings (like how may times the blinkers flash, door unlock settigns, etc.).

In order to write different codes to the assorted computers you will need a programming version.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds liek you got one that does nto do programming. Re-read the add and look specifically for "DOES PROGRAMMING".

Programming means the hardware is capable of isntallion ROM images into assorted computers (TC-SST, ETACS, ECU, ...). A non-programming hardware model is not capable of wriging programs to assorted modules and/or computers.

All of them read codes, OBD2 stream data values. and allow user-mode settings (like how may times the blinkers flash, door unlock settigns, etc.).

In order to write different codes to the assorted computers you will need a programming version.
OMG ...

What if i want to export the kon files do some variant changes and save it? Eg. Enable KOS/AFS/ASC . Am i still able to do it with non programming MUT ?

By the way, what is the easiest method to test whether the MUT can do programming or not?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
By the way, what is the easiest method to test whether the MUT can do programming or not?
Easiest? Ask the vendor you purchased it from.

Did it come with a 1GB CF card (plugs into the bottom of the MUT box)?

If it did NOT come with this adapter and CF card, then - most likely - it will NOT do programming. There's some files that must be on the CF card to do programming.

Img_0749.jpg Img_0758.jpg Img_0757.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
Anyone got newer software than PRE12031? Also has anyone been able to use the China ebay version to reprogram the passenger seat weight sensor, and OCM Vin?

With my software I don't see any option for OCM, and can't run the zero calibration test to reprogram the passenger seat weight sensor.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
[E-Tuner]
15,860 Posts
Anyone got newer software than PRE12031? Also has anyone been able to use the China ebay version to reprogram the passenger seat weight sensor, and OCM Vin?

With my software I don't see any option for OCM, and can't run the zero calibration test to reprogram the passenger seat weight sensor.
That is the version I have. I guess there is a newer version, but its for computers that run windows 8, which I dont have.

If my memory serves me correctly I was able to do that with Etacs Decoder.
Interesting. Do you remember how?

·
Registered
1 Posts
One day a couple weeks back, for no particular reason to qualify my sanity, I purchased a M.U.T. III (aka MUT3, Multi Use Tester v3 ) for my EVO X toolkit collection. After browsing [fe]eBay, I selected a unit (seems all of them are from China) that appeared to meet my needs, included a later version of software (ALL of them come with software), a CF programming card and specifically stated it was a programming version. It arrived 4 calendar days later. Included a hard case, a V.C.I (Vehicle Communication Interface) box and several OBD2 adapter cables. The VCI connects to the OBD2 port on the CAN bus via an included cable, then to a USB port on the computer with a standard A/B USB cable. Then the computer speaks to the car via the VCI connection.

After browsing the MUT3 manual (available here: http://efichip.com/files/MUT-3/MUT-3_manual.pdf) I learned that the blue cable is appropriate for all CAN-bus Mitsubishi cars. The red dual-head unit is for FUSO trucks.

The PC needs to run the MUT3 diagnostic software which came on one DVD with two subdirectories on it. One part of the two software components, PRG12031, contains the MUT3 diagnostic software that must be installed first. This can be installed from the DVD or by copying files/directories to the HD and installing from there. Execute the Mut3Check.exe file. It is recommended to install onto Windows 2K or XP running IE6 or IE8. The documentation states problems running under IE7; the MUT3 application runs inside Internet Explorer. I have read about successful installations with Vista and Win7 on the Internet; however I did not attempt this.
View attachment 89066

View attachment 89074

View attachment 89082

View attachment 89090

View attachment 89098
Does this software support with 6M60 ENGINE series

41 - 51 of 51 Posts