Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had my 2011 Evo X GSR SST for a while now, and I've always noticed that it doesn't have S-sport or launch control which I found kinda weird but also not really that important.

Lately I've picked up a Tactrix openport 2.0 cable and a laptop to run evoscan, ecuflash etc. on it and discovered that the current ROM on my ECU is for a 2008 USDM RalliArt SST... I have a 2011 Evo X GSR SST EDM.

When trying to test write (or normal write) the correct ROM file for my car onto the ECU, ECUflash tells me I'm trying to write to protected areas and it stops the write progress. (see picture)

I feel like I'm kinda stuck here now, does anyone know how to solve this potentially without having the ECU bench flashed?

P.S.: The VIN number it reads from the ECU matches the car's VIN plate and the VIN number on my registration papers.

·
Registered
66 Posts
What is your current ROM ECU ID? And what is the code in the ECU's sticker?

S-Sport feature is not into the ECU, it's in TCU program.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a ralliart - with Ralliart rom and ECU ID - and s-sport loaded.

Is it possible that your trans itself has been replaced with a Ralliart one? The trans ECU lives inside it. Only difference is longer 5th and 6th

You can have it reflashed to suit via passthrucan - there’s an outfit called WTF who can remote flash it for you, it’s relatively involved but there’s instructions online.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts