Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this past weekend my wife and I were up in the Poconos for a little R&R. We visited the Lakota wolf preserve. Pretty cool place. So I took the opportunity to bust out some new glass and test out my very novice skills. I'm open to even the harshest of criticism as I want to get better...

Equipment:
Canon T3i
70-200 2.8L is II

Also note I was shooting behind a chain-link fence which we were kept about 3-4 feet away by a lower fence. So I had to shoot wide open and mostly use manual focus to try to eliminate the fence. I used Lightroom 3 for post and only did some very minor adjustments (I'm still learning that as well).

·
Registered
6,333 Posts
Looks awesome ;) The more you shoot, the better you are at it. One thing though - there is a mesh on the background of the first pic - I think that shouldn't be in wild life pics :) Just my opinion. Good luck with this :)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks awesome ;) The more you shoot, the better you are at it. One thing though - there is a mesh on the background of the first pic - I think that shouldn't be in wild life pics :) Just my opinion. Good luck with this :)
Thanks. It was a challenge to take shots where the wolves were at good angles (away from the other fences) and where all the other people there weren't in the way. You can pay a ton of money to get private 2 hour access to the preserve where they have port holes in the fences for photographers. I tried to edit out the fence in post but Lightroom is limited in editing out crap like that. So I wasn't successful...as you can see. lol

Thanks for the insight for sure though!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks great man. I love wolfs! In fact I have a little one as a pet lol Dog Siberian husky Mammal Vertebrate Canidae

Lol. That's my siberian husky.
Hope one day I can go to a place like that :)
I am the worst photographer in the world so I can't give you any advice about that lol:eek: but seriously keep shooting man it looks like a great experience.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great man. I love wolfs! In fact I have a little one as a pet lol View attachment 53882
Lol. That's my siberian husky.
Hope one day I can go to a place like that :)
I am the worst photographer in the world so I can't give you any advice about that lol:eek: but seriously keep shooting man it looks like a great experience.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Beautiful dog. I grew up with three huskies and I've had a Malamute. I've always loved the northern breeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.