Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pisses me off. So I just got back home from being out of town for about a month... It reeks. There's rat shit on my seats, on the carpet, in the glovebox, piss on my center console, etc. I talked to the dealership about having them go through everything to clean/disinfect it (there are definitely dead rats in there somewhere)... They told me with labor, and considering that they would probably have to replace some things, it could cost ~$800... I can't really afford that ATM. So I guess I have to take apart my car and clean it out myself. No idea how to go about this, any tips? I've gotten behind the glovebox, full of rat shit. I think that mat thing in there needs to be replaced, I already changed my in cabin filter. But the rest of the dash, I have yet to touch. Are there any how to's that could help me take my car apart? And how should I disinfect everything? I was thinking I'd take a steam cleaner to it.

Thanks,

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Holy crap that sucks! If there are that many rats in your car, imagine what's in your house!

Call this G35 owner and discuss how to clean up shit from the car...

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Ask some pest control on how to disinfect or ask them to do it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
time to call the wolf.

wow dude, that shit sucks. htf did they get into your car??

·
Registered
438 Posts
time to call the wolf.

wow dude, that shit sucks. htf did they get into your car??
That's Mr.Wolf to you :shades:

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
When i first bought my car, i noticed some sort of "nest" behind/near my turbo. I ended up taking it all apart and it turned out to be a fucking birds nest (seriously). I asked the dealer and it told me it had been sitting in the lot for 1.5 years.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No Idea how they got in. The insulation thing behind the glovebox was absolutely covered in shit. There were little nuts all over my carpet along with what looked like sand... more shit. I checked my trunk, the mat was clean, but underneath it by the spare tire... shit all over the place. :mad: I'm so pissed.

·
Registered
580 Posts
man dude, that really sucks. you said rats, but is it really rats? or mice, or squirrels?
we have squirrels in our attic here at our house, drives me nuts to hear them running around.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^Not sure. Our property is crawling with both mice and rats. We've had to dig out dead rats from the garage (and our other cars) on multiple occasions. I don't think it's a squirrel though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
That's just f_ing crazy.

If it is really rats, you need to so more than you think. Those rats could eat through any of your hoses or even metal cables, and that is now a safety issue. I agree with Yxd68, you probably need to go to insurance for that shit (sorry couldn't help myself.)

·
Registered
580 Posts
i use this now and my mouse problem that we had in our house has gone to non-existant. id put a couple of these in your car if it was me.

according to my landlord, it dries them up so wherever they do die, so they dont stink up the place. most likely, theyll eat as many as they can and then take them back to their nest. thats what happened here. they dont die in the same day, but the box says that one feeding tray is enough to kill 8 mice or so and they can eat enough in one feeding to kill them. ive gone thru 1 and 1/4 trays so i think theyre all gone now.

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
really sorry to hear this man. What i recommend (and you might have done this already) is to check out pretty much every wire you can think of. As jeffro said, its a safety issue. Insurance should be able to take care of this.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Would they pay to have my dealership clean it out?
Do you have comprehensive coverage?

Insurance companies pay to repair damage. Ask them how they will repair the damage.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Damn man. Good old fashioned break their necks traps are the way to go. I used the poison stuff at work. They eat it, hide, and die somewhere. Think there is a dead mouse in the HVAC system somewhere now...

1 - 20 of 102 Posts