Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this is a bit overdue....First let me say that Kris is the MAN! I had an awesome time with the whole experience. After my 4 1/2 hour drive up to Pittsburg... i pull up to find my host josh and his dad working on his car while Kris was out finishing up another car. Shout out to Josh! Thanks for the hospitality man...you and your dad rock! Shortly after arriving, Kris returns from tuning the other car....we talk for a bit then head off. Shortly after trying to start the tune we start having trouble logging :wallbash:. Kris and just had Chipotle ...which sounded good...so we headed there to get me food and figure out what the logging problem was. We get there i go inside to get food and when i come out...Kris has pulled my glove box out and their are wires everywhere! I'm like WHOA!!!!! He looks and starts laughing and is like "Oh yeah i had to pull your glove box out to run the wires...yours wasn't working." He then proceeded to try everything imaginable to get the logging to work properly whilst i devoured my monster burrito in the back seat. After several failed attempts we just decided that the Copp AP wasn't going to act right. Kris then switched me over to Evoscan and proceeded to work his magic.....BAM!!! We are logging correctly. Lucky he had just tuned a car with similar mods so he just needed to fine tune i few things. So we start the process and after a few pulls i'm starting to feel a major difference. Butt dyno is telling me good things. We were tuning on the turnpike...and i didn't know this, but apparently they have like safety guys to help people. We had pulled over to make adjustments when the safety guy pulls up behind us and comes up to the car to ask if we are all right. We just laugh and are like yeah ...so he drives off. We do a pull and go past him...then pull over again to make more adjustments. He see's us and then pulls in again behind us. This time i'm like seriously...we are good. I go to pull off and he turns on his lights! I'm like WTF!!!! He then moves up and says "are you guys lost????!!!!!" . So i tell him no we are good and he gives me the stink face. At this point me and kris are rolling!!! This dude takes his job way to serious! I digress... so a few more pulls and we start to Virtual dyno it. I told Kris i was looking for around 350whp and the first test put us almost on the money...he kept tweaking and we ended up with 358whp and 367wtq. I was very pleased. Again Kris is the man. Car was pulling hard all the way to redline.

Attached are the graphs. I Included my first dyno on my old setup @ Moore Automotive. I took the logs from that tune and displayed them in Virtual Dyno. Shout out to those guys...was able to get the numbers pretty close. As you can see their was a nice gain from the old to the new....increase of 37whp and 41wtq !!! Only thing i added was a Rexpeed O2 downpipe...can't beat the price! So yeah Thanks again to Josh and Kris....Car feels great! Oh and i'm getting better mpg....pulled 300 a tank on the way up....after tune on the way back i pulled 360 a tank...atleast according to the Evo. Sorry for the long write-up...had lots to say! LOL!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like you had a good experience, which is a major plus! Glad to hear you're happy with the new tune!
Thanks! If you need a tune...Kris is the man! E-tune or in person...he takes his time and does it right.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice numbers. The difference a tune (more specifically Kris's tune) can make is incredible!
Thanks! yep....it just keeps pulling now! Gonna have to find a place to see how much she really has up top. Torque is crazy....1st and second feel useless they are gone so quick.:rock:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
knew you would like the tune man.. worth the trip ehhh, and Pittsburgh has an h at the end... dont forget it again *serious face*
Sorry mas-sah...i's won't fo get it tah gen!!!! I's swear sir! LOL. yeah my bad on the spelling.

·
, [Potential Scammer]
994 Posts
congrats, I'm basically at the same level with 370tq/360hp, detuned a tiny bit for reliability. Did you do VD and a Dynojet dyno?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
congrats, I'm basically at the same level with 370tq/360hp, detuned a tiny bit for reliability. Did you do VD and a Dynojet dyno?
Was just VD for the clispse one..but i compared it to a VD version of the Dyno i did on Moore's Dynojet. Just so you can kinda get a feel for what it might make on the Dynojet now...which should be pretty close.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.