Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd share my video I made during my last day at Thunderhill. This car really needs a surge tank. I get fuel starvation at turn 7 with 2/3 of a tank.

Video was made with racechrono touchscreen gps lap timer, linked to obdkey and trackvision

Best lap time I could get was 2:12 that day. Any tips on improvement are welcome.

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
grassroots motorsports reviewed nto1s, hankooks, and bfg r1s, the r1s came out on top. they last so fucking long, r888s, from what i hear anyway, grip great at first and then aren't so great. id say bfg r1s or full slicks. i loved my r1s, now have continental racing slicks. dont think i could go back to street tires at the track

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Most of the list aren't power mods. And I think GST uses a Mustang Dyno, but I could be wrong.

GST 3port solenoid and boost pill
T1R intercooler pipes
Harman motive intake
ETS 3.5" FMIC
mil.spec 100 cell HFC
Buschur crossflow catback

Is there a greater percentage of drivetrain loss with the SST vs 5spd? I would imagine so... Most people are in the 300's on mustangs with those mods on GSR's.

I though the driving looked nice. I'm not a track pro, so I can't really help you. But your lines looked pretty good to me. :thumbup:

5,198 Posts
Is there a greater percentage of drivetrain loss with the SST vs 5spd? I would imagine so... Most people are in the 300's on mustangs with those mods on GSR's.

I though the driving looked nice. I'm not a track pro, so I can't really help you. But your lines looked pretty good to me. :thumbup:
Stock 2008 MR's put down 215-220 whp oh the dyno it was tuned on and it lives in 91 land.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Looks like a fun track - I like that downhill right hander, looks like the corkscrew at Laguna Seca. I couldn't tell from the video - are you shifting manually, or using S-Sport auto?

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks fellas.

I plan on switching to NT01s eventually, but I've been told that one should really learn how to drive with street tires first before moving on to race tires...

I drive in S-sport, full auto. The tranny works perfectly in auto. It's really amazing how flawless it is. I've driven my friend's GTR in auto R mode and it's nowhere near as good as our s-sport auto mode.

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
right on the tires, race tires aren't near as friendly as street tires. i wouldn't recommend them to beginners.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I plan on switching to NT01s eventually, but I've been told that one should really learn how to drive with street tires first before moving on to race tires...
I would totally agree with that - street tires give a lot more feedback and warning before they lose grip.

I drive in S-sport, full auto. The tranny works perfectly in auto. It's really amazing how flawless it is. I've driven my friend's GTR in auto R mode and it's nowhere near as good as our s-sport auto mode.
I've only ever used manual shifting (mainly because it's fun!), but I'd be curious to see how lap times compare between auto and manual shifts.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Thanks fellas.

this is exactly what I was gonna say. everyone is so quick to buy parts. the most important thing is to improve the driver, and nothing will mask mistakes faster than sticky tires. so listen to that advise, and when the tires are the thing that's holding you back, then get tires. and if you have to ask, then its not time for tires yet.

sweet video setup though...

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sick. Post More. was this taken with a go pro?
Thanks guys. Video was actually taken with an iphone 4 and my sony hd camcorder. More videos to come next season. But it will probably be in my lastest toy:

The next video in the Evo will probably be after I upgrade the turbo...

·
Grumpy young man
10,629 Posts
very nice, im not a big fan of convertibles but still nice

1 - 20 of 118 Posts