Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday the wife and I took a trip to KAIZEN tuning in MA. I have been to a few places to get tuned before, and never had the experience like I did at Kaizen. From the minute we entered the building to the minute we left, we felt like part of the Kaizen crew. Every person in the shop treats you like not just a customer but a part of the family. Rob (AKA Shadowcell) was as cool on the phone as he is in person. Jason was a blast to talk to, and finally meeting these guys in person was awsome.

I spoke with Rob for awhile now, always sounded like a cool guy. He helped me iron out issues with my MR till 3AM on some nights, yes that means more then one night :rock:. Rob has been at KAIZEN tuning now for a while, and you can see why they picked him up. This guy knows his stuff not only with the Evo's but GTR as well. He takes his time and will explain things to you as he goes, which to people like me means so much.

Onto the vehicle now. I have a 2010 MR with allmost every bolt on. Just leaving the dyno with the wife in the passenger seat, and hearing her say the car felt diffrent even from here (passenger seat) made me smile. The car does not drive like an MR anymore, if you own an SST you understand. If not i'll explain, hard downshift, odd shifts, etc.. This is all gone once Kaizen gets your Evo. Even taking the car in slow moving traffic I can't explain enough how smooth this car is now.

We had to take a 3 hour drive to Kaizen tuning, and on the way there we all have that feeling of oh god I hope I dont hurt anything on the dyno. So the drive their felt like 3 HOURS, but after feeling the car, and how nice she felt, the driver back felt like 5 minutes. and i looked like this the entire way home:godance:

·
Registered
14,255 Posts
Hahaha yep!!!! Awesome isnt it ;)

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dude I got my STI tuned at TurboXS in Maryland about 4 years ago, those guys wouldn't give me the time of day. treated me like I 16 year kid. would talk to me nothing.

When I meet the guys at Kaizen, I was amazed on how nice they where, from the techs to the owner. Every person was like family by the time you leave.

·
Registered
14,255 Posts
Come meet the local team (15-20 of us) next time youre in town!

·
Registered
14,255 Posts
Yeah no kidding. That's just good business.

·
Registered
14,255 Posts
Of course--- If you want, we can have you added to the NEEVO section (Even though you're a NewYarker) so you can keep up-to-date on events. We've done everything from cruises and movies to tech days @ Kaizen learning how to change brake pads and fluids.

It really just depends on what you want to come for.... ALSO There's a Kaizen Tuning Open House at the end of Aril (like 800+ Cars or something ridiculous) and the NEEVO Evos get a front-and-center seat at the event. There's more details in the NEEVO section, but I'll work on one of our administrators/mods to get you invited to the group and able to post. I know you probably cant make the 5 hour drive for dinner at Uno's, but you're invited none the less.

5,221 Posts
Thanks, for all the kind words Les! We love what we do here. The car did really well. It's a real win for OS and the Evo X MR

Thank you for actually having proper ramp up rate set on your DD. Finally a DD sheet that doesn't look like a missile launch.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Congrats to the op! I love Kaizen and they are THE only shop I trust my cars with.

Rob and Kaizen have been at the top of the list in terms of tuning and especially for our SST. The time spent, even extra, to get it dialed in and done right is what I appreciate most as Kaizen treats your car like it was their own.

And you should check out some NEEVO events upcoming.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Looks like I'll be calling Kaizen once I get a few bolt on's.

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. Your more than welcome. Great day for you and the MR. Next time you come out, ill make sure my wife is not busy so she can take your wife shopping, and we will head to the range so a civilian can show your ass whats up! :)

Scott

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.