Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a Lexus Performance Drive event for the new GS today at Infineon. At the event there was a timed autocross competition. The winner gets some hot laps around Infineon in the Lexus LFA... I had the fastest lap time of the session! I guess 14 years of autocross experience paid off today. :)

Here's a video of the hot laps. Please excuse the shaky camera and me giggling like a girl with asthma.

Crank the volume and listen to that soundtrack! When you are in the car, the sound tears into you and you FEEL it in your body and brings up a well of emotions only a car person would understand. I swear I had tears coming out of my eyes after I got out.

·
Registered
2011 Evolution X GSR (SSS)
1,628 Posts
So freakin' sick bro! That car is raw and I know what you mean by the emotional aspect of it...I get it from youtube videos alone, I could only imagine how you felt afterwards!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice job! That must have been some fancy cone work. I'd like to see that run. Did you do it in the X?

I'd chop off my left nut with dull garden shears to drive that LFA.
Everyone was driving the new Lexus GS F-sport. It was a promotional event for the GS. The autocross competition was part of the event to show off the performance capabilities of the GS. The actual GS is so-so. It feels competitive with the E-class and 5 series it competes with but it ain't no sports car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.