Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a reliable (and preferably cheap) shop to do suspension installations and alignments. I wouldn't mind doing springs myself, but since one of my friends is planning on doing springs and shocks or potentially coilovers, it would be preferable to have an expert do the work.

I'm located in the Greensboro, NC area, but I would be willing to go with anything within an hour or two.

It would be a lot of help if any of you guys could point out some shops in the area that you guys know of.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
performance chasis in raleigh is where I get my alignment done (not the only evo to choose this shop either). They are actually pretty popular amonst track junkies to get their suspension professionally setup.

If your just looking for installing it I've already done two setups in my garage (my car got springs and helped a buddy install coilovers). Its really a simple install, just time consuming.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Kinda late to the thread, but I also took my car to Performance Chassis. They did a great job and have reasonable prices. Kelvar and I did my coilovers in the garage and his springs in the garage too. Not a bad install at all, but it did take a while

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have friend with a lift at his house, so I was contemplating just doing it there. I think we're working on my friend's BMW 328i first (springs + shocks).

When you guys say it takes awhile, how many hours are we talkin here? The only real reason I have for wanting a professional install is so I don't have to buy spring compressors... haha

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
You can rent the spring compressor tool from Autozone. I believe you just have to leave a deposit; the deposit is refunded once you return the tool. That's what I did when I installed my Eibach Pro Kit springs. I think it took me about 3-4 hours to install my springs myself.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
You can rent the spring compressor tool from Autozone. I believe you just have to leave a deposit; the deposit is refunded once you return the tool. That's what I did when I installed my Eibach Pro Kit springs. I think it took me about 3-4 hours to install my springs myself.
this is what I did to get my springs on. it was 60 bucks to rent the tool which was refunded when I returned it to the store. Easy-peasy.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Yeah and first time suspension......takes about 1.5-2 hours. Hollywood and I had it down in under an hour per X when we did his, Kidneythief13s, and mine. Its really pretty simple

1 - 7 of 7 Posts