Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help guys, last nite while attemping a launch (in a closed area) i reved to the two step as i have done so many times without incident. after about 3 seconds, the 5500 rpm rev limiter let go and allowed the engine to rev violently right to redline while the clutch was still to the floor. I was running cobb stage 2 at the time. I flashed back to stock and tried it again at it is happening everytime. What causes this?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Mine does this too, no idea why but i have a dump pipe on, so 2 step with 26lbs of boost at redline scares the fuck out of people haha

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine does this too, no idea why but i have a dump pipe on, so 2 step with 26lbs of boost at redline scares the fuck out of people haha
I think it may have something to do with the clutch interlock switch going bad. this crap just cost me a clutch

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it is the regular clutch switch. Is this hard to replace? Anyone know

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ttt for some help

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Your not supposed to sit on the two step over a certain amount of time. I think the ap kills the two step once some threshold is reached. I'm going to guess the launch your two step stopped working on wasn't your first in a short amount of time or you were sitting on the two step over like 7-10 seconds.

Any way why wouldn't you just contact Cobb and ask them. It's is their product. And their two step not working didn't kill your clutch you still trying to launch the car at 7500 rpms killed your clutch....

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
M
Your not supposed to sit on the two step over a certain amount of time. I think the ap kills the two step once some threshold is reached. I'm going to guess the launch your two step stopped working on wasn't your first in a short amount of time or you were sitting on the two step over like 7-10 seconds.

Any way why wouldn't you just contact Cobb and ask them. It's is their product. And their two step not working didn't kill your clutch you still trying to launch the car at 7500 rpms killed your clutch....
Calm down Buddy im here for help. I had 30k miles with 50+ launches on my stock clutch and it did not fail until this incident. The 2 step did cause this. I did not sit on my 2 step for 10 seconds it still let go
rpms shot up i decided to continue to pull off because releasing throttle at that high rpm is horrible for the timing chain and u will throw a code ive seen it happen. I had no choice but to pull off. now im having problems on stock tune as well as stage 2. I will call cobb after work of course but some advice here would be helpful.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ This

I experienced this as well. I don't recall if it was on my AP or OpenSource but you get 7-10 seconds. Normal.
cool thanks for the info any idea how to fix it theres no way my 2 step is holding for 7 seconds. I will be calling cobb later on but...maybe u know something

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
An easy way to tell if your clutch switches are working is to try and engage cruise control. The ECU will not let you engage cruise control if your clutch switches aren't working.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
M

Calm down Buddy im here for help. I had 30k miles with 50+ launches on my stock clutch and it did not fail until this incident. The 2 step did cause this. I did not sit on my 2 step for 10 seconds it still let go
rpms shot up i decided to continue to pull off because releasing throttle at that high rpm is horrible for the timing chain and u will throw a code ive seen it happen. I had no choice but to pull off. now im having problems on stock tune as well as stage 2. I will call cobb after work of course but some advice here would be helpful.
So you think that launching the car at 7500 was safer than just letting off the gas? I foresee more silly threads about broken shit in your future on this site.

Here's some advice

1. Don't make threads asking for help whens there's nothing wrong.

2. Man up and take responsibility for things you messed up yourself. You Smoked your own stock clutch after numerous launches. It's a wear/tear item not a magical disc that's indestructible.

/Thread

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
So you think that launching the car at 7500 was safer than just letting off the gas? I foresee more silly threads about broken shit in your future on this site.

Here's some advice

1. Don't make threads asking for help whens there's nothing wrong.

2. Man up and take responsibility for things you messed up yourself. You Smoked your own stock clutch after numerous launches. It's a wear/tear item not a magical disc that's indestructible.

/Thread
man up? What r u talking about? R u retarded? Not once did i complain about the durability of the stock clutch. I got 30k outa mine i am extremely happy with my stck clutch and cant wait to get my spec 3+. The facts r that my 2 step let go after approx 3 secs and caused my car to violently overrev. I chose to slip my clutch rather than abruptly release the throttle and subject the timing chain to excess stress and cause codes that i have seen on 2 other x's. I started this thread to ask knowledgable people if they had any explanation as to why my 2 step is only holding for 2-3 seconds causing overrevving, not to talk about a burnt clutch. Your just being a troll and making it seem that way.

Thanks to all the people that offered me some help.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts