Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been saving for my 1st Evo and had a couple of questions,
1- What is the average price a 2012 goes for after haggling. What did you guys pay for with taxes and everything.
2- Would it be smarter to get a 2011 or just 2012?
3- what are good ways to haggle

thanks!

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Buy one from the *******s at South Coast Mitsubishi, have it shipped to you.

Don't fuck around, tell them you want the cheapest possible for whatever options you want, they'll sell dirt cheap. They're a volume dealer, they sell for pennies profit to reap the rewards from Mitsubishi for selling the most Mitsubishis in the U.S.

Don't go there to pick it up, just have it shipped... unless you're in LA or SoCal anyways?

That's my advice. There's no haggling, just rock bottom prices.

If you can get a local dealer to match their pricing (doubtful) then obviously go that route, otherwise just ship the car from LA.

If you're in a neighboring state, don't even think about going to pick it up, you'll leave severely disappointed. Take it from me. They're a bunch of douches, but they sell cars at the lowest possible price.

·
[Local Team Member], aka pimplay2
7,791 Posts
Buy one from the *******s at South Coast Mitsubishi, have it shipped to you.

Don't fuck around, tell them you want the cheapest possible for whatever options you want, they'll sell dirt cheap. They're a volume dealer, they sell for pennies profit to reap the rewards from Mitsubishi for selling the most Mitsubishis in the U.S.

Don't go there to pick it up, just have it shipped... unless you're in LA or SoCal anyways?

That's my advice. There's no haggling, just rock bottom prices.

If you can get a local dealer to match their pricing (doubtful) then obviously go that route, otherwise just ship the car from LA.

If you're in a neighboring state, don't even think about going to pick it up, you'll leave severely disappointed. Take it from me. They're a bunch of douches, but they sell cars at the lowest possible price.
^^ take a bus trip $70 dollars max, and drive it home

but def buy from them

·
Registered
1,403 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
I got mine from South Coast. Had it shipped by Horseless Carriage. They are one of the best in the world, still saved a bunch of cash.

·
Registered
955 Posts
If you drive it home. You pay Cali taxes. It more then jersey and your car would not like a 3000 mile brake-in. Not a good idea for an Evo X.

·
[X Performance Mod], [Racing Mod], [Local Team Mem
11,761 Posts
If you drive it home. You pay Cali taxes. It more then jersey and your car would not like a 3000 mile brake-in. Not a good idea for an Evo X.
......stuff you read on forums.....sheesh!

·
aka mrubino83
4,161 Posts
got mine from south coast. THey dont fuck around, and theres is no BS negotiating. I had a friends and family discount that would have got me the car for invoice, and they still beat that price.

·
[Team Evolved President]
1,899 Posts
^ great to know for when I get mine. probably be a bit to get shipped to jersey though... although if I flew out and drove back it would probably be the greatest trip of my life haha
If you get your car shipped from Cali to Jersey make sure you pay the extra 300 bucks and go for an in closed trailer. Cost is like 900 bucks....

·
Registered
955 Posts
DAS to jersey is about $800. It can stop at hubs and be loaded and unloaded several times. In an inclosed trailer its about $1400. Using Horseless Carriage was $1800 and was picked up within a few hours and on its way to me. Got the car about a week later and was spotless and in perfect condition. I couldn't of been more happy with my decision. My car had 3 miles on it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts