Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just switched from using a Perrin Drop in filter to a Cobb SF Intake(uses stock maf housing).

I was running a Perrin stage 2 map(26psi target boost) which ran fine forever, but as soon as I put the intake on I started overboosting to 28psi.

I switched to the latest version of Cobb Stage 2 Low Waste Gate map for the Cobb SF Intake(25psi target boost), I still hit 27psi in 5th gear.

Attached are detailed plots from log I made with my AP.

Intake air temps were 43' for all three logs..

Logs were done in 3rd 4th gear. 5th gear only for the Cobb map

I had taken out my boost pill long back, to run the Perrin Stage 2..

All maps are 93oct, I always fillup at the same Shell Gas Station.

Channels overplotted to show a linear behavior between boost and MAF voltage reading. (The ECM derives MAF flow from voltage)

This confirms installing the Intake did not skew MAF readings

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
I just went through this same issue with another person and when he installed the intake he also messed wit the intercooler piping and caused a boost leak which caused the spike.
I'd say boost leak test first and if you are sealed see if dropping WGDC's fixes the issue.

In addition are the target loads the same with both maps?

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
here is the LOW GEAR WGDC coarse.

notice the tiny dip at 6000rpm, not seen in the high gear plot attached in the next comment.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here is HIGH GEAR WGDC coarse

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just went through this same issue with another person and when he installed the intake he also messed wit the intercooler piping and caused a boost leak which caused the spike.
I'd say boost leak test first and if you are sealed see if dropping WGDC's fixes the issue.

In addition are the target loads the same with both maps?

I am no tuner but do work on Cat Turbo Diesel Engine Research. Please tell me what numbers you think I should change and what new number to use.

what is high gear and low gear? 5th is a lower gear ratio but a higher gear IMO, but I dont know the jargon.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the smoothness of the boost curves would make a boost leak less likely and at the moment im stuck and cant go to a tuner, so i have to resolve this myself.

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
1) Update your AP firmware and version of ATR.
* Use AP manager for the AP firmware
* In ATR go to HELP --> Updates --> Check for updates (Check Beta in bottom right)

2) Once you do that post up your passive and reactive tables (Renamed version of Coarse and Fine)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1) Update your AP firmware and version of ATR.
* Use AP manager for the AP firmware
* In ATR go to HELP --> Updates --> Check for updates (Check Beta in bottom right)

2) Once you do that post up your passive and reactive tables (Renamed version of Coarse and Fine)
Low Gear Passive:

High Gear Passive:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Low Gear Reactive:

High Gear Reactive:

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
So here we go lets try this now;

Since your boosting to 28 and you want 25 or so thats try cutting a bit deep first and knock off 20% or so. To do this lets just start from 3000rpm and highlight all the cells from there to 8000rpm (In all load ranges) and hit the M key. This will bring up a multiplier table enter in .80 which will drop your numbers by 80%.

Once you do that you'll notice that you now have a sharp transition from 2500rpm to 300rpm. To solve that problem highlight the cells from the 2000rpm row down the the one you changed in the 3000rpm row and push V. This will interpolate the values between those rows. V does it vertically and H will work on the horizontal sections.

Once that's complete in all your Passive and Reactive WGDC tables save the map, transfer to the AP, and flash on to the car. Change the name so you know which one it is for sure. I personally just add an Alpha revision tag to mine to keep track of progression.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
The key is to setup the load map and the load base multi correctly. Then the ECU will attemp to hit those targets on correction. Then you can cut the solenoid maps and reduce them to proper load levels.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Hollywood. I made a new map, will flash the car today and save a few logs.. I hope this fixes the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.