Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2013 Evo X GSR from a dealer, VIN JA32W8FV3DU016215. Car has been tuned before by previous owner. I keep getting the unknown rom image error, I tried everything to get the rom ID but to no avail. I tried a hexeditor and nothing, I'm sure the car is running tephra, since I was able to switch maps with the cruise control. I'm Trying to read the rom so I can start tunning it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,365 Posts
So some tuner tried to "lock" this by setting the ROMID to 0xFFFFFFFF. It's a 59580204 ROM, which is the TephraV2 edition of 59580004. I don't have those XMLs, maybe @chetrickerman does? If not, you can email tephra.

For your continued tuning, I sent back two files:

2013 evo x unlocked - tephra v2.bin - I set this to 59580204 which is correct, but you won't be able to open it until you have the correct XMLs. (send them to me if you get them :) )

2013 evo x unlocked - works with regular xml.bin - I set this to 59580004, which isn't strictly correct, but will allow you to open in EcuFlash with the "stock" XMLs. You won't be able to edit Tephra features until you obtain the correct XMLs for 59580204.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts