Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
You could edit your ROM's internal ID to 53050012 with hex editor. This is what I've done for ROMs where I don't have a definition file.

Registered
Hi, does anyone have the definition xml file for 53050017? Ive been searching for days with no luck 馃槥

Its for a evo x 2009my EDM sst 馃檪
Do you mind to attach a stock 53050017 rom so that someone make the definition for it?
(It seems this site don't have zip file type to attach. So attach it as png,jpg or so. Or upload the file to somewhere else and write the link.)

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Do you mind to attach a stock 53050017 rom so that someone make the definition for it?
(It seems this site don't have zip file type to attach. So attach it as png,jpg or so. Or upload the file to somewhere else and write the link.)
Ive attached the stock rom now (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
You could edit your ROM's internal ID to 53050012 with hex editor. This is what I've done for ROMs where I don't have a definition file.
That seems like a alternative I could attempt. Do you know of a "how to" tread on the matter? or can explain it for me? 馃槅
I apologize my bad English writing and newbe questions :geek:

Registered
That seems like a alternative I could attempt. Do you know of a "how to" tread on the matter? or can explain it for me? 馃槅
I apologize my bad English writing and newbe questions :geek:
There is a set of instructions on how to do it here: Need help with RomID and XML... PLEASE :( - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Basically your rom is from a family of roms that share the same first four numbers: 鈥5305鈥. By editing a hexidecimal, an address inside the rom. You can change your last numbers to match with a definition from the same family of roms that you already have. When you open the rom again after changing the address, it will not be identified as an unknown rom anymore.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
There is a set of instructions on how to do it here: Need help with RomID and XML... PLEASE :( - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Basically your rom is from a family of roms that share the same first four numbers: 鈥5305鈥. By editing a hexidecimal, an address inside the rom. You can change your last numbers to match with a definition from the same family of roms that you already have. When you open the rom again after changing the address, it will not be identified as an unknown rom anymore.
Thanks I will try that! (y) 馃ぉ

Registered
Discussion Starter #8

I was thinking. Can I change the <xmlid>53050012</xmlid> and <internalidhex>53050012</internalidhex> to 53050017 in the definition file xml instead of changing the internal id of my rom? Will that have the same effect or am I totally wrong? :oops:

Registered
Ive attached the stock rom now (y)
Attached is the definition for 53050017( I made it refferring to 53050012.xml).

Rename the 53050017.xml.txt to 53050017.xml and place it into your ecuflash's rommetadata folder.
(Ordinary at 'Documents/EcuFlash/rommetadata/mitsubishi/evo/'.)

Have fun!:cool:

WARING: it is not proofed. Use it AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Attached is the definition for 53050017( I made it refferring to 53050012.xml).

Rename the 53050017.xml.txt to 53050017.xml and place it into your ecuflash's rommetadata folder.
(Ordinary at 'Documents/EcuFlash/rommetadata/mitsubishi/evo/'.)

Have fun!:cool:

WARING: it is not proofed. Use it AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Thanks 馃ぉ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts