Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I reared into a little stick that was sticking out of the fire hydrant while rear parking. I was being careful too, but I guess not enough.

The fire hydrant was behind a rail. I was about half a foot away from the rail, but it just happened that the stupid thing was on my blind spot and (the stick) sticking out enough to hit the trunk and dent it badly. I was going slow but I didn't hear a thing or felt it. Noticed after I parked and went to check to see if I was too close.

Anyways, I'm looking for a replacement trunk that fits and looks good. My budget is at worst 1500 (including paint and installation). Obviously I rather not spend that much.

Please throw some suggestions at me.

Car: WW X MR

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Pics would help, but you should be able to get a body shop to fix that in the $400-500 range. Go Carbon Fiber if you are spending $1500.

If the paint survived, dent wizard may be able to work also. Maybe 150-300 range for that.

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
That sucks to hear man, happens to the best of us unfortunately. I scrapped some wheels on our X last summer :(

Do luck Carbon Fiber or FRP (depending on your preference). BEST fit you're going to find, looks incredible and saves a bit of weight. :) They are a special order and will take about 1 -3 months to come in however. If you need one faster, there are other alternatives. PM me if you need a price.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
price of do-luck shipped to San Diego, CA (FRP)

@Demi: How much and with or without spoiler? You can PM the price too (shipped to SD, CA). And what is the condition on it?

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Check for Lancer trunks man... you might be able to get a white one for very, very cheap at a junk yard. And if you wanted to go wingless, now's your chance. Grab a WW trunk from a Lancer DE and you might be able to walk away with a trunk for only $150-200 (trust me, I know).

Me, on the other hand, I paid $260 or something for an OEM trunk, comes unpainted... then paid $300 to paint match it, then paid like $180 for an OEM trunk lip. Grand total of almost $700 for an MR-Touring look-alike trunk.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm currently, running wingless. I'm tempted to go for SSS or do-luck FRP.

I kind of miss the spoiler and always loved the look of it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
So today I reared into a little stick that was sticking out of the fire hydrant while rear parking. I was being careful too, but I guess not enough.

The fire hydrant was behind a rail. I was about half a foot away from the rail, but it just happened that the stupid thing was on my blind spot and (the stick) sticking out enough to hit the trunk and dent it badly. I was going slow but I didn't hear a thing or felt it. Noticed after I parked and went to check to see if I was too close.

Anyways, I'm looking for a replacement trunk that fits and looks good. My budget is at worst 1500 (including paint and installation). Obviously I rather not spend that much.

Please throw some suggestions at me.

Car: WW X MR

Thanks.
Im selling my 08 MR SSS GG trunk with wing take a look at my pics if your interested.

·
Registered
539 Posts
ouch, i'd say go doluck if you want to stay wingless, or check sce if you want to find a wing/trunk. or just go thru insurance and pay the deductible. shouldn't raise your premium.

·
Registered
404 Posts
sounds alot worse than you described... i would just keep it for now until you find a good deal somewhere. ive seen them go for well below your budget OR you can claim a hit and run and just pay the deduc

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what the hell is that thing? Its like its purpose built to probe vehicle trunks. In my opinion I'd be looking for a do-luck (expensive option) or lancer trunk(cheap option).
I'm very interested in do-luck (FRP) right now, but I might get a SSS trunk with the spoiler (setting up a deal right with someone on the forum).

I miss my big spoiler :(

so my shopping list is as follow:

Trunk (w/ spoiler as of now)
Swift Springs (Spec R, anyone run these on the MR, if so, how are they?)
VG (Rexspeed?)
CF Gurney Flap (Rexspeed?)

But yea, the trunk can't be fixed, and it needs to be painted even after it's fixed (if it's even possible).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.