Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new to the group I just picked up a 2014 evo x that I thought was stock. turns out not and will not pass state inspection . I am being told it has no cat converters and
something about the rear o2 not working correct. I have apt to have a factory tune done but i am looking to have oem converters installed first. was told from a friend to check
online first. if anyone is will to sell one to me plz DM me i will try and check up on this post but DM will get sent to my phone. also DM are better so people cant seal post from me

·
Registered
449 Posts
1. Can you use a high-flow cat or does it need to be stock? A HFC would be alot easier to find than a stock one.
For example: 2008-2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Evo X GSR OEM Catalytic Converter Cat MR | eBay
That price is crazy. But cats are really expensive right now.
I would check and see if these would be good enough to pass or if your state needs a stock cat:

2. The O2 sensor is probably turned off because it has a test pipe on it (no cat). Getting it tuned and getting them to turn on the rear o2 sensor will probably fix that problem. But you would throw a code with out swapping to a cat. Lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello I am new to the group I just picked up a 2014 evo x that I thought was stock. turns out not and will not pass state inspection . I am being told it has no cat converters and
something about the rear o2 not working correct. I have apt to have a factory tune done but i am looking to have oem converters installed first. was told from a friend to check
online first. if anyone is will to sell one to me plz DM me i will try and check up on this post but DM will get sent to my phone. also DM are better so people cant seal post from me
Hey are you still looking for stock exhaust parts? I have a few stock pieces from my 2015 as well as an aftermarket downpipe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts