Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
It's great to hear you finally got the car back but it still sounds like it is not tuned properly. And what shop does not give you a dyno graph of the run. Personally I would want to be there when the car is being dyno'd so I know the numbers are real.

I forget, are you on pump gas, what injectors?

580 on a MD is pretty good, I am not sure why the torque would be lower. The boost creep sucks. The turbo itself should not fall off at all in any rev range. Something doesn't seem right. Or you could take it to the 1/4 mile and see what trap speeds you are running. Jump on the weigh station and with trap seed and weight you can get a pretty accurate idea of true HP.

Do you have another shop that can tune it, or maybe try an e tune like I am doing?

I need to get motivation and time to work on the car again. I have the tranny and turbo in, started it up with a home depot intake just to shift gears while on jack stands to see if the clutch is working properly. I now have to install the fuel pump and injectors. The I can install the first tune and get this thing tuned. It is snowy and the roads are full of salt. I probably won't take it out until the salt is washed away.
Yeah I guess I'm just used to how this guy does things and I was just happy to have my car back... it's been 7 more months to get it to where it is now. I have seen a few pulls last year in the summer before the engine went. I took some pics of the screen.

I'm on e85 (66% over here), I have ID1700x's and I have twin walboro 450's. Remember he did make 630whp as well but I'm most likely at 550 or less. I had to turn the boost down again because when it gets cold it over boosts even more... I kinda like the manual boost controller, I was wondering why he swapped it since I had a Grimspeed but it's nice I don't need to get back to him to turn down the boost

Yeah the turbo shouldn't be behaving that way and that's what he was telling me. He should me on his computer all the data logged information and showed some inconsistencies and boost falling off. This is the first time he tuned an EFR so he said he's been in contact with other tuners to figure it out. I think I'm going to just let him finish what he started and if I'm still not happy I'll get a tune by e-spec, the tuner I originally was going to go to. He tunes 600whp evo x's on 93 all day!

Yeah I kinda lost motivation myself, waiting for so long and I really was expecting to get my car back at the end of summer, I thought that was generous cause I gave it to him at the beginning of summer June 22nd but then he didn't even get it started till late fall so at that point I know winter is right around the corner so I stopped caring as much. I just installed some winter tires on her today and the shop that did it was wondering why when they are starting to take them off of some cars... eh.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah I guess I'm just used to how this guy does things and I was just happy to have my car back... it's been 7 more months to get it to where it is now. I have seen a few pulls last year in the summer before the engine went. I took some pics of the screen.

I'm on e85 (66% over here), I have ID1700x's and I have twin walboro 450's. Remember he did make 630whp as well but I'm most likely at 550 or less. I had to turn the boost down again because when it gets cold it over boosts even more... I kinda like the manual boost controller, I was wondering why he swapped it since I had a Grimspeed but it's nice I don't need to get back to him to turn down the boost

Yeah the turbo shouldn't be behaving that way and that's what he was telling me. He should me on his computer all the data logged information and showed some inconsistencies and boost falling off. This is the first time he tuned an EFR so he said he's been in contact with other tuners to figure it out. I think I'm going to just let him finish what he started and if I'm still not happy I'll get a tune by e-spec, the tuner I originally was going to go to. He tunes 600whp evo x's on 93 all day!

Yeah I kinda lost motivation myself, waiting for so long and I really was expecting to get my car back at the end of summer, I thought that was generous cause I gave it to him at the beginning of summer June 22nd but then he didn't even get it started till late fall so at that point I know winter is right around the corner so I stopped caring as much. I just installed some winter tires on her today and the shop that did it was wondering why when they are starting to take them off of some cars... eh.

You need to get your grimspeed boost controller back and get someone that knows how to tune the car to tune it.

The grimspeed has way more control over boost and boost at specific rpm than the manual boost controller.

I hear ya on the motivation... but spring will be here soon as I need to get my ass in gear again.. lol

·
Registered
59 Posts
Any tuner that can't tune ecu boost properly on a Evo in 2020, you should run far far far away from
This. Every good tuner I know does not use a manual boost controller. If you want multiple levels of boost, you can get multiple maps (I have 5 lol).

·
Registered
16 Posts
glad to see you got the car back, must be satisfying to be driving it around!

my build is going well. i'm mid e-tune with Chet right now, we've been doing WOT for a little and last one was @ 28 PSI. When the tune is finalized i'll take it to the dyno to get some figures. but the car is doing exactly what i want, very streetable and the response of the 7670 has been fantastic

i have a flex kit and i THINK i will be getting tuned for that in the future, but i'm on the west coast where it isn't very available. so will be a pain in the ass to run. due to that, debating on meth instead. highest octane available at the pump is 92

101 - 105 of 105 Posts